Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

This Seasons Main Setup

Blackbeard

Oak Hill, OH
Looks great Dick, I think you brushed it in about as much as you could, the only thing that stands out is the black shooting square but not a huge deal. I have saw several outhouse blinds made by an old fella I once knew who used brown or green leather from an old carseat or something that he put over the shooting square on the inside. He had several 1-2 inch diameter round holes that he used to look out all sides and they were much less noticeable. Makes sense that a small black hole would stand out less than a larger black square in the woods. He would lift the leather up and attach it to a nail above the square when he wanted to shoot. He killed a lot of nice bucks out of those outhouses.

Lundy

I like it!

I also hunt from blinds, though mine are set primarily for gun hunting. I have 7 blinds set up around the property. The comfort allows for all day hunts, we very seldom leave them during the day.

It doesn't look like it but there are some small holes to shoot through in this thicket area

All of the comforts of home, chair, heater, carpet, shelves, tinted windows, video camera mount, cooler. The deer pay little attention to these, even the ones sitting out in the middle of the fields.

Yes BB a cover to lift could be a good idea. I actually use the opening to let my crossbow sit in at a sharp angle when hunting. It wedges in the opening so I do not need to hold it while on stand and the bottom edge of the shooting window acts as a rest when I take shot.

I like your stands Lundy. You have more of the comforts of home than I do. Very nice, indeed.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Awesome idea Dick. Looks like you're all set as well. Good luck this season and I hope you kill a dandy!

Your blind looks awesome too Kim! Love the pattern you put on it, kinda ASAT or Predator looking and it blends in nicely with the back drop. Also like the inside ledge you built for your binos and other hunting supplies. Good luck to you TOO!