Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Getting my girls ready for their first hunt

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sounds like you are as excited about the new gun as the girls. Hope it is a wonderful season for you and the ladies. It will be "time well wasted" as I like to say.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I'm really looking forward to this.

As far as bowhunting with my girls, I still plan on having my bow while sitting up there with them in case there's a chance for a double but my main focus will be filming our hunt together and offer an extra set of eyes,keeping them focused. Lol

I hope they both get to experience the rush of seeing a shooter up close and getting ready to squeeze the trigger on one.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Awesome, Bro! I hope they enjoy the outdoors as you and I do.

Yeah, those caps in my Remington's are steel, not plastic. Never had any problems like that, but the guys are right on the removal process. Good luck TOO the girls this year!

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Good luck to you and the girls. I still remember the thrill when the 2 grandsons got their 1st deer with me. The same thrill when they each got their 2nd deer with me. Then there are the turkeys taken with me.
Nothing better than the thrill of the kids hunting with me.

Big Weff

Athens
You`re getting me excited to take my kids out hunting and i dont even have any yet. Probably better wate a few more years haha, good luck to you and your girls Ric!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Not sure if I remember this right, but I think you simply push it in, and rotate it 1/2 turn or so and it will slide right out. I'm not home right now to check one of my guns, but I'm almost certain that's how it works. It just has a couple of knobs that line up with notches. When they are lined up, it pops right out..... I think.

Did very easily exactly how Brock discribed it here above! Thanks buddy!

Here are the instructions how the manual told me to do it! Don't go by this!!! Lmao

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks Drake. I just ordered a small/medium HSS vest and camo(made in USA) sling for the gun from Cabelas. Damn, I'm running up a bill! Rotflmao

Huckleberry Finn

Ohhh, that cap...

Always got mine out with my fingers...just turn the lights off, and use your fingers to coax it out...

:smiley_depressive:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks again Jim and Tom.

Got home an hour ago from watching my oldest play in a tri-match which they won and when I pulled in there was a cabalas package on the porch. Had both girls put on the HSS mossy oak SM adult safety vest and put the sling on their gun. All that's left is buying our licenses and sighting in and practicing both the shotgun and xbow...broohaha!!!

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Thanks again Jim and Tom.

Got home an hour ago from watching my oldest play in a tri-match which they won and when I pulled in there was a cabalas package on the porch. Had both girls put on the HSS mossy oak SM adult safety vest and put the sling on their gun. All that's left is buying our licenses and sighting in and practicing both the shotgun and xbow...broohaha!!!
If you play your cards right, they may take more interest in hunting than boys! Lol. Hope they take to it like WildFire!