Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

How much did your bow cost?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That is some awesome input Squirrely. Some trad traffic on the site would be good for many of us I suspect. Maybe if I keep reading I will find the itch to get mine out and start practicing. Still not sure I will ever get to the point where I am confident enough to hunt with it. Time will tell I suppose.

Jamie

Ohio
seems like lots of folks have gross misconceptions about shooting stickbows. not just here, but everywhere you go. I think most would be surprised at how well they could shoot with a little regular practice. maybe a few pointers from old man Gibson.:smiley_crocodile:

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
seems like lots of folks have gross misconceptions about shooting stickbows. not just here, but everywhere you go. I think most would be surprised at how well they could shoot with a little regular practice. maybe a few pointers from old man Gibson.:smiley_crocodile:

It's true, I've proven that to myself.

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA

It's not as difficult as some folks think. It's only difficult for me. :smiley_coolpeace:

Jamie

Ohio
true dat. I make it look extremely difficult, but I sure have a helluva good time doin' it.. :pickle:

Last edited:

Milo

Tatonka guide.
true dat. I make it look extremely difficult, but I sure have a helluva good doin' it.. :pickle:

Says the stalker of needlenose gar...who smokes the bastards at dam near 15 yards with a fiberglass arrow....a poor shot you are not...:D

heydeerman

A few years back I sold a few bows and I had some jack for a new one. I decided I would get a Black Widow. I dropped $1400 for a new PSAV. When it came and I took it out of the box I knew I had made a very expensive mistake. I set it up and shot it and it was confirmed. It was extremely noisy and I could not get an arrow no matter what spine or weight I tried to shoot out of it. I called many times to complain. They got tired of hearing from me so they gave my number to Ken Beck who called me. To shorten this up I got lucky and a limb started to delaminate and instead of replacing the limbs they made me a PSRX that was all osage. That bow shot but it came in too light so I sold it for $550. That was an expensive lesson. I know BW makes a good bow and I think I just got a bad one and it could have happened to anyone from any bowyer.