Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The REAL advantage of traditional hunting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Stetson will get ya laid!
Old Spice will get ya laid - by chicks with daddy issues, which can be hot if ya work it right....

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Ugh. Oh well. Theres better places for me to be than here.
Happy trails all...

Hate to see you leave over such a silly gaff. But oh well. I hear the OBA is looking for members. (so long as you don't shoot a crossbow and share their opinion that they're not real bows). Here at TOO we welcome them all on the same even ground. You would have seen the same response if a compound hunter was running down an X-bow hunter saying they shoot a crossbow to cover their weaknesses, and they spend too much money because they're incompetent. There are plenty of other forums that play that game. This isn't one of them. I once had that mentality too. Now I just enjoy seeing people kill deer with whatever they're shooting, and all of them have a right to be here without being made to feel they're somehow less of a hunter because of what they shoot.

Last edited:

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
You would have seen the same response if a compound hunter was running down an X-bow hunter saying they shoot a crossbow to cover their weaknesses, and they spend too much money because they're incompetent.
I will take lead on that when the time comes. :smiley_coolpeace:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Hate to see you leave over such a silly gaff. But oh well. I hear the OBA is looking for members. (so long as you don't shoot a crossbow and share their opinion that they're not real bows). Here at TOO we welcome them all on the same even ground. You would have seen the same response if a compound hunter was running down an X-bow hunter saying they shoot a crossbow to cover their weaknesses, and they spend too much money because they're incompetent. There are plenty of other forums that play that game. This isn't one of them. I once had that mentality too. Now I just enjoy seeing people kill deer with whatever they're shooting, and all of them have a right to be here without being made to feel they're somehow less of a hunter because of what they shoot.

This is why we are in business together. Couldn't have said it better myself...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Ugh. Oh well. Theres better places for me to be than here.
Happy trails all...

Seriously? I haven't said a whole lot on this one. I own 3 compounds, one stick'n'string, and a crossbow. That said, I don't care what you hunt with really. Just sorta blows my mind how the pot is stirred and you are okay with it. However, Joe makes a spoof on your thread to see if you will come unglued and. . . . "Happy trails all" is all we get? I won't push you out the door, but I won't beg you to stay. All I can think is it is pretty sad you would leave over this. Plenty of knowledge and fun to be had on this forum. You stick it out and you will have life long friends here. You leave and you will leave myself thinking "Hmmm. . . . I guess trad isn't for me. I could never be such a self righteous elitist." Your choice. You are painting quite a picture of traditional stereotypes.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Seriously? I haven't said a whole lot on this one. I own 3 compounds, one stick'n'string, and a crossbow. That said, I don't care what you hunt with really. Just sorta blows my mind how the pot is stirred and you are okay with it. However, Joe makes a spoof on your thread to see if you will come unglued and. . . . "Happy trails all" is all we get? I won't push you out the door, but I won't beg you to stay. All I can think is it is pretty sad you would leave over this. Plenty of knowledge and fun to be had on this forum. You stick it out and you will have life long friends here. You leave and you will leave myself thinking "Hmmm. . . . I guess trad isn't for me. I could never be such a self righteous elitist." Your choice. You are painting quite a picture of traditional stereotypes.

This is very true. There are many here that have gotten worse shit from the forum and to this day have made some great friends from it. nobody here holds a grudge. A ball busting group aren't we Mr potterfield.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio

Very well said Jack! Ditto to what Phil and others have said as well. Even though Joes post here was just spun the other way, there is a lot of truth in what he posted. Where does this "perceived", "perception" end or start? Back before the American Indian? Caveman? No matter what the weapon all of them have gotten faster,lighter and more effective?!?

Hate to see you leave doe girl but if that's how you feel! I hope you change your mind and come back and continue to contribute as you and Tiny both have on other aspects of the sport and passion we ALL share. We actually need more contributors in the traditional aspects of bowhunting to help those of us who might give it a try someday.

We've all just got TOO stick together no matter what the weapon......

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
This is very true. There are many here that have gotten worse shit from the forum and to this day have made some great friends from it. nobody here holds a grudge. A ball busting group aren't we Mr potterfield.

Can be at times. But we "appreciate your business."

One contribution with "Okay. I see where you are coming from. Maybe that did come off wrong". It would go a long way. Sounds like a pride issue. Not my loss. Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Not true. I'm still here and looking down my nose at all of you. Then again I'm actually a .71%er so I'm in the elite of the elite class.

Here we go lmao.

I see a big ol Spike bull coming your way buddy. That would be equal to a BB I think lol.

Besides, I am the only true 1% left here, Mounty even said so himself so it must be true lol.

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Here we go lmao.

I see a big ol Spike bull coming your way buddy. That would be equal to a BB I think lol.

Besides, I am the only true 1% left here, Mounty even said so himself so it must be true lol.

To be VERY CLEAR! This is a brown it's down hunt. This is my third elk hunt and I'm filling the fridge. The ONLY way I'll pass on a spike, bb bull, calf, or cow is if a branch antler bull is following them. Otherwise, freezer filling and elk cherry popping is the priority!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
To be VERY CLEAR! This is a brown it's down hunt. This is my third elk hunt and I'm filling the fridge. The ONLY way I'll pass on a spike, bb bull, calf, or cow is if a branch antler bull is following them. Otherwise, freezer filling and elk cherry popping is the priority!

Just bustin your chops Chuck lol.

I don't blame ya, I would shoot whatever was dumb enough to get in range and to do it with trad gear would even make that spike a monster. I wish you the best of luck and can't wait for the pics to show up on the forum buddy.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Here we go lmao.

I think I need to go dig up an old thread. My memory is not the greatest when it comes to things I failed to give two shits about. Just seemed like there were 3-4 names mentioned. :smiley_chinrub:

Status
Not open for further replies.