Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The REAL advantage of traditional hunting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
You won't find it. It was sent to the place beyond lol.

your in luck Phil lmao

1_zps6057f23c.jpg

Tiny

Hate to see you leave over such a silly gaff. But oh well. I hear the OBA is looking for members. (so long as you don't shoot a crossbow and share their opinion that they're not real bows). Here at TOO we welcome them all on the same even ground. You would have seen the same response if a compound hunter was running down an X-bow hunter saying they shoot a crossbow to cover their weaknesses, and they spend too much money because they're incompetent. There are plenty of other forums that play that game. This isn't one of them. I once had that mentality too. Now I just enjoy seeing people kill deer with whatever they're shooting, and all of them have a right to be here without being made to feel they're somehow less of a hunter because of what they shoot.

Long time away but I remembered this thread the last time I was here and had to comment.

Doegirls thread was not a modern archery bash. It was a piece about how she saw things pertaining to a traditional bow. She didnt say ANYTHING that was not a fact and thats about the extent of it. What happened to that thread was that many have thin skin and ASSUME that an opinion is an accusation. It was pretty sad to witness.

You said that this kind of thing does not happen here but you seem to be leading the charge. You attacked someone for sharing thoughts on equipment.

Now I know what she meant because I was there when she wrote that thread and I read it before she posted it. There was no agenda beyond her wanting to share her thoughts pertaining to the fun and advantage of using a traditional bow.

Many people here need to stop reading into things and being so ready to be offended. You lost a very respectful and knowledgeable member over this thread. :(

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Long time away but I remembered this thread the last time I was here and had to comment.

Doegirls thread was not a modern archery bash. It was a piece about how she saw things pertaining to a traditional bow. She didnt say ANYTHING that was not a fact and thats about the extent of it. What happened to that thread was that many have thin skin and ASSUME that an opinion is an accusation. It was pretty sad to witness.

You said that this kind of thing does not happen here but you seem to be leading the charge. You attacked someone for sharing thoughts on equipment.

Now I know what she meant because I was there when she wrote that thread and I read it before she posted it. There was no agenda beyond her wanting to share her thoughts pertaining to the fun and advantage of using a traditional bow.

Many people here need to stop reading into things and being so ready to be offended. You lost a very respectful and knowledgeable member over this thread. :(

So why come back and drudge it back up?? :horse:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Sorry you feel that way.. It may not have been her intention, but perception is everything, and it was perceived the same by pretty much everyone as a holier than thou slight against anyone who doesn't shoot traditional. Anytime someone says "the whole modern archery industry revolves around selling the latest and greatest to help an archer hide his weaknesses" like she did, you have to know you;re going to ruffle feathers intended or not.

This thread is no different than hers. Just a parody joke taking it one step further to discuss pure traditionalism. For example, this thread modeled exactly after hers was intended to be funny as a parody, you and she perceived it as an attack. Just as everyone perceived her original as an attack. Funny how perception works. When the shoe is on the other foot you and she perceived this thread exactly how everyone else perceived hers. While I don't doubt that her intentions may have been in the right place, the perception by almost everyone was otherwise. The two of you have decided to leave because you perceived it as an attack. Imagine If I let threads such hers that was perceived as an attack by almost everyone continued daily. How about all of those other members who feel attacked. Should they be made to feel that way on a daily basis even though the poster doesn't intend it that way.. They'll likely do the same as you have decided to do. damned if i do, damned if i don't. There is no ill will or animosity from anyone here.. This happened a month and a half ago and was water under the bridge the same day. If the two of you decided to participate again, with others perceptions in mind, I'm sure you would find nobody holds any animosity and would likely laugh about it today. Everyone here really is a great group of people. I never said issues don't happen here. You'll have that anywhere you go. Especially perception issues as lets face it, intentions are pretty hard to convey in text. They are however very very infrequent unlike other boards where they seem to be a daily occurrence. The difference is, in the end, usually everyone here shakes it off and moves on to laugh about it later. You seem to still be holding it in though. I don't really want to rehash all of this again a month and a half later, and the other members probably don't either. Water under the bridge and what's done is done no reason to drag it back up. You are welcome to PM me and we can talk about it, Or I'll pm you my number and we can talk about it on the phone if you like. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.