Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

First of the year

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I noticed tonight that a few acorns were on the ground.
First ones of the year!

teej89

NE PA
I have little to no oaks on my property but found a secluded spot with a HUGE white oak probably 3ft in diameter and beside it 20yds away is a red oak. And wanna know how I found it? About 5 or 6 trails lead to it from different directions hahaha

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I have little to no oaks on my property but found a secluded spot with a HUGE white oak probably 3ft in diameter and beside it 20yds away is a red oak. And wanna know how I found it? About 5 or 6 trails lead to it from different directions hahaha

Hunt 50-100 yards off those trees on the trails giving you the best advantage with wind and access and you got a killer spot. That can be better than having an entire ridge full of oaks!

teej89

NE PA
Hunt 50-100 yards off those trees on the trails giving you the best advantage with wind and access and you got a killer spot. That can be better than having an entire ridge full of oaks!

Boy do I ever know that. I had a killer spot back in PA a huge oak flat however... it was a crap shoot to determine where they'd be at on the flat. I'd see deer every sit but it was like 10% odds that I'd be in the same tree as they were near. In gun season they had no chance lol