Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2013 - 2014 The Ohio Outdoors Deer Hunting Contest - Sign-up

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Sign Mason up for the young guns, please.

I'm gonna sit the contest out this year. Just not sure if I'm gonna work too hard at killing a deer.

I'm sitting out, TOO. I have too many other obligations and won't get to see a lot of time in the woods.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Okay Diane and Brock..... I'm browsing the BS flag on you two.... If you got time too go out you got time too sign up.... Just sayin!!!!!!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I'm green too the contest but, I would like too sign up. What's the rules I want too play.

Official 2012 - 2013 TOO Deer Competition

TOO Deer Competition Rules

General Rules:
  • A minimum of 50 posts are required to participate
  • Teams will be randomly drawn 9/22/2012
  • A hunter may submit a total of 2 deer in the contest but only 1 may be antlered
  • All deer harvested during legal seasons "In" and "Out-of-State" count but only 1 antlered deer may be entered and it is the 1st taken by date/time

Scoring Guidelines:
  • Does = 5 pts (spikes less than 3" are considered doe)
  • Bucks = 10 pts
    Tines = 1 pt per tine
    Age differentiator = Circumfrance of both bases + longest main beam + longest tine + inside spread (all measured to the nearest 1/4 of an inch)
  • Bonus potential - Can earn a maximum of 5 pts per contestant with one of the following two methods:
    Youth Bonus = 5 pts - taking a youth hunter (under 16) and photographing the hunt
    Trail Cam Bonus = 5 pts - harvesting a buck you have on camera

Picture Guidelines:
With each deer please post several pictures of your harvest. All submissions must include the following:
  • 1 picture of the hunter and the deer
  • 1 picture of each measurement (a total of 5 - both bases, longest main beam, longest tine and inside spread)
  • 1 picture must clearly show your tag

Buck Score Example:
A hunter shoots a 9 pt buck. The measurements are as follows:

• Left base is 4.75"
  • Right base is 5.00"
  • Longest main beam is 21.00"
  • Longest tine is 10.50"
  • Inside spread is 19.25"

This buck is worth 79.5 points for the competition (10 pts for being a buck, 9 points for the 9 tines and 60.5 points for the 5 measurements).​
Anyone interested in participating in the contest can sign-up in the attached thread:
http://www.theohiooutdoors.com/showthread.php?8746-2012-2013-The-Ohio-Outdoors-Deer-Contest-Signup

If you have already thrown your name in within this thread, no need to do so again, you are already accounted for.

Hear ya go buddy.

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
Since we can do "Out-of-state" count me in! I hunt Ky since no one around me wants to let anyone hunt "their" deer and I cant bring myself to hunt public land...