Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Fall Outing: Strouds Run October 11-13

Will you be attending this event?

• Yes

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • No

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Well, getting the ball rolling around here. Got the tent out of the shed today and got it set up. I'm going with a little smaller tent this year. This one only covers one city block lol. but it hasnt been used in a couple years so I figured I should set it up and inspect it. Needs some work with the soft scrub, and some seam sealer but it looks ok. It is smaller than the last one but there is possibly enough room for one other guy if need be. I can also bring that big one I had last year if anybody needs it.

Other than that, I've got a running list of things to remember to pack, and i am hoping to get to the range next weekend to make sure the muzzy is shooting straight.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Most of my hunting gear will already be in my truck since that is usually the only time I drive it anymore lol. Should have everything I need in there by the time our Strouds camp. Just need to add a couple of last minute things the day of leaving but should be ready.

Wish it was time already lol.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
If nothing comes up I plan on getting there Friday afternoon sometime.

Hey, if someone needs a place to bed down they can take my place in the cabin with J,Beener and Adam. That's a great group of roomies in a very nice and comfortable dry place to sleep. If no one needs it I'll gladly assume my spot cuz for the price it's a great place.

My truck has a bed cap and I'll just bed down in it so I have a comfy option so don't worry about me.

Really looking forward to this TOO event like the other ones I've been TOO. Also, if anyone would like a 5lb bag of Weisenberger fish batter for $8 dollars let me know and I'll bring it. Tried it on some homemade onion rings and the family loved them. I'm not making any money on it as I paid $23 dollars for 3 five pound bags to my buddy at work for my half of the 30 LB order.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
put me down for a bag

Will do Dave! If I don't sell the other bag to my BIL I'll bring the other bag with me but might just keep it for myself. We're having a big fish fry this weekend and I don't know how much I'll have left from my first bag I opened...lol

Gordo

Athens County
No sweat.

Remember, if there's anything i can do to make things easier for anyone, just give a holler. Take advantage of us locals on this one. Whether its hauling stuff, securing the site, etc..

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
No sweat.

Remember, if there's anything i can do to make things easier for anyone, just give a holler. Take advantage of us locals on this one. Whether its hauling stuff, securing the site, etc..

Can ya tie a good buck to the tree so I can shoot him Friday lmao. Then I will have the rest of the weekend to slay some doe hahaha.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
The more I think about it, the more I just see me sitting in a chair drinking beer all weekend! I'm treating this like a weekend getaway at a spa and resort! lmao

Lundy

I plan on stopping by.

I won't be hunting or staying but will be down there close by at the property I hunt

Ohiobowhunter1

Columbus
I'll probably stop in for a meet and greet kinda like I did last year with my Father. Depending on what time we get there Saturday night and set up camp we may stop over to chat around the fire. See y'all there!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I'll probably stop in for a meet and greet kinda like I did last year with my Father. Depending on what time we get there Saturday night and set up camp we may stop over to chat around the fire. See y'all there!

I'll look forward to seeing you again this year too! I think I'll just leave it that I'm looking forward to the whole dang thing...:)