Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Fall Outing: Strouds Run October 11-13

Will you be attending this event?

• Yes

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • No

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
The tent is not fully enclosed. It is a canopy that we would rent from Bedrock Rentals in Athens. It would make for a nice common area for us, not for a place to sleep. If it rains, which it will since it is a TOO gathering, it would be nice to have a big area we could all hang out under. And if by some chance it doesn't rain, it'll provide a nice area of shade. The pop ups are nice, but they collect water and really don't keep things all that dry, so this would be the solution to that.

I'm talking about one of these...

DSCN1756.jpg

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
How much is the big tent? Just a suggestion, but instead of relying on volunteers to foot the bill, how about we just find out how many are there, and divide the cost? "Oh, you want out of the rain? Your part is 3 bucks." I don't think anyone would mind, but that way no one will get stuck carrying the cost burden alone. And yes, count me in to pay my part regardless of how it's done.

Huckleberry Finn

Agreed...do we have a TOO (or Jesse's) paypal account we could just send $10...that way you aren't stuck with it. Heck of a lot easier to make a few clicks than to remember to bring cash...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
We have time to work out the economics of the deal. Let me check with Mike to make sure he doesn't have a problem with us setting one of these up and I'll get a down to the penny quote from Bedrock.