Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Fall Outing: Strouds Run October 11-13

Will you be attending this event?

• Yes

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • No

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
This is shaping up to be an epic weekend.

Like last year, if anyone wants I would be glad to go over some topo maps and give any feedback of the area if I hunted it in the past... been hunting all over there for 20+ years.

That would be sweet! I was looking over a Topo of the park last night. With this being a gun weekend, i really want to stay away from the hiking trails, there arent very many areas that arent loaded with them. it looked like either the southeast portion, The north west around the beaver pond, or right behind the group camp is gonna be the best bet.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I'll be there as long as I don't end up on s different shift before then. I'd also be willing yo throw in on a canopy rental if we can't get it covered.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I KNOW where I am going and where we are going to push on the last day. Might have some Yogies running with the deer though!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
This is shaping up to be an epic weekend.

That would be sweet! I was looking over a Topo of the park last night. With this being a gun weekend, i really want to stay away from the hiking trails, there arent very many areas that arent loaded with them. it looked like either the southeast portion, The north west around the beaver pond, or right behind the group camp is gonna be the best bet.

Over where me and Beener hunted last year didn't have any trails. Other then that I have no idea. Was thinking of hitting that area again this year or maybe on top of that highwall.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
The dnr created the season, hikers and bird watchers are just part of the deal. Just be sure of your targets and background. The deer could care less about hikers and are abundant in areas with hiking trails.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
The dnr created the season, hikers and bird watchers are just part of the deal. Just be sure of your targets and background. The deer could care less about hikers and are abundant in areas with hiking trails.

I understand that, but I would still rather not shoot someone. Those trails on the north side are stacked on top of each other, You can see the trail in front of you, but you cant always see the one beyond that, or the one beyond the second one or the next one. last season I walked straight up the side of a hill to get to the ridge on top. I crossed at least 6 trails along the way. Call it a personal preference, but I would rather stay away from them.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
X whatever on pitching in on the tent...

Adam over the high wall and down the hill is on of the well used paths near the parks main entrance. Thick as hell but perfect for pushing.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I'm still on the fence as to weather I will hunt there that weekend. Depending on how predictable the doe traffic is around home, I may try to pop one in the morning/evening moving to/from food, then head back up to camp in the evenings.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Id like to set up a father/son team on some private so a youngster can get his hands bloody. Got a couple places loaded with does. Steve(hoyt) and your son?

Anyone bringing a kid who hasnt harvested their first deer yet?

Gordo, that is awesome of you to throw out the offer. Austin is planning on bow hunting while down there. We would be happy to take you up on the offer but if Mike and his boys make it I know Austin would have no problem letting one of them hunt, and would rather see one of them stick one with their compound. We will probably just have to role with the punches on that.