Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Fall Outing: Strouds Run October 11-13

Will you be attending this event?

• Yes

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • No

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Let this serve as the official thread for the fall gathering at Strouds Run to celebrate and usher in the first ever statewide antlerless muzzleloader season this October 12th and 13th. To read more about the new season and all Ohio deer hunting regulations, click HERE. For more information on Strounds Run State Park, click HERE.

The Ohio Outdoors Fall Gathering October 11-13

Strouds Run State Park
11661 State Park Road
Athens, Ohio 45701
Click here for Park Map

Goggle Maps Coordinates: N 39° 21' 17.07", W 82° 2' 17.43"

We currently have the Group Camp Area reserved which will house 20-30 of us without much issue. There are also several primitive camp sites, 10 camper sites, and a few cabins for rent, a few of which have been reserved by fellow TOOzers. For more information on reserving a camp site, please call: (740) 594-2628.

And as always:
Each party - i.e. all attendees and TheOhioOutdoors.com, comprised of Joe Wilson, Jesse Roush, the members, representatives, and affiliates of TheOhioOutdoors.com - shall be responsible for its own liability arising from its attendance and involvement in this function. WE ARE NOT responsible for any accidents, injuries, or deaths. You are attending this event by your own free will and agree to indemnify and hold harmless TheOhioOutdoors.com for any claim, demand, cost, liability, loss, or damage suffered as a result of attending this function.

Carry on gentlemen! :pickle:

PLEASE SEE THE FOLLOWING:

(A) Notwithstanding any provisions of rule 1501:41-15-08, of the Administrative Code, no person shall at any time take, hunt, trap, kill, pursue, or shoot at any wildlife and/or wild animals by any means within four hundred feet of any nature trail, picnic area, construction area, state trail, service area, camping area, residence, barn, service building, shelter house, beach, water or sewage treatment facility, backpack trail, latrine, parking lot, cabin, lodge, or other structure or to shoot on, from, or across any road, or driveway within any area administered by the division.

Due to the above, we are severely limited on space to hunt at Strouds. We can figure out who gets to hunt there later one, but there will be other options available. AEP Poston Plant Lands offers 2,240 acres of public hunting. Click here to view a map of this area: Poston Map. This is a 20 minute drive from Strouds.

In addition to the Poston Lands, there are several thousand acres of Wayne National Forest within a short drive of Strouds as well. For a map of the Athens Unit of WNF, click here: WNF Athens. We also have an ace up our sleeve which we will talk about at Strouds. See you there!!!

Last edited:

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
You can count Austin and I in for sure. He keeps asking me about it making sure that we are going again. He has a friend that might be coming also.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Still on the fence. Are you guys planing on drives? I would rather stand hunt personally.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
We've discussed drives and honestly, it is probably not a good idea. One thing we need to be very aware of is we will not be alone in those woods. So the idea is to make sure we know where everyone is and maybe 3-4 guys will still hunt to help move deer. If you don't want to see manipulated movement, I wouldn't hunt Strouds cause even if we don't drive, the number of people we have will keep deer moving.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
I'm gonna stand / bow hunt friday evening and get a chance to scout some areas i didnt get to last year. I bet there will be a drive or 2 on saturday if you want to participate.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
I plan on being there Friday night. Although, I will be really easy to find. Prolly in a chair by the fire or cooking something with a beer in hand and my cooler close by! Lol. I will bring my smoke pole just in case.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
I remember some discussion about a "TOO swap meet" Bring your unused hunting, fishing, camping.. stuff and see if someone else can use it. i know i have a ton of stuff that i need to get rid of, and a few things I might be interested in picking up. Could even be a chance to do a DVD swap.

I like the idea if anybody else is interested.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I plan on being there for sure unless something unexpected pops up. I will be bringing the muzzy and plan on still hunting and just sitting in an ambush spot. Found a great place last year while bowhunting. If there is an over abundance of orange and I feel its unsafe I'll just hang around camp eating,drinking and learning some verses to some songs for when Cottis starts his jam session.:smiley_coolpeace:

My buddy ordered 30lbs of Weisenberger fish batter. We're both splitting the cost down the middle and he is having it shipped UPS surface and it cost just shy of $50 I think. I will bring some with me if anyone is interested. I can break it down into either 2,3 or 5 pound sums and will just pro-rate the cost. I'll probably just but them in large zip lock baggies.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
We've discussed drives and honestly, it is probably not a good idea. One thing we need to be very aware of is we will not be alone in those woods. So the idea is to make sure we know where everyone is and maybe 3-4 guys will still hunt to help move deer. If you don't want to see manipulated movement, I wouldn't hunt Strouds cause even if we don't drive, the number of people we have will keep deer moving.

I just feel safer up high with a place like Strouds.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My retarded brother picked October to get married. Looks like I will be in a monkey suit standing up as the best man on this weekend. What a dick. He should have planned his wedding around my hunting season. lmao

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
My retarded brother picked October to get married. Looks like I will be in a monkey suit standing up as the best man on this weekend. What a dick. He should have planned his wedding around my hunting season. lmao

Send a card. That usually gets the point across.