Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

First trailcam pics ....ever

Bowlowe

Decided last year to start hunting...bought a bow and began praticing and then bought my wife a bow. We have spent the last year collecting gear etc. Was able to secure a local farm to hunt and put up a trail cam over a trophy rock...checked the cam today after 5 days and got a pic of this doe. I know not the most exciting but its my first ever trailcam pic. Can't wait for season to open 008.jpg

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Good luck this year. Welcome to the crazy sport of trail cams and bows and say goodbye to your extra money since this can get rather addicting and expensive lol.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Good luck this season! This is an addicting and expensive sport, but I wouldn't give it up for anything.

teej89

NE PA
Hope your were ready for something to consume your life! :smiley_clap:

True story. Whether you're hunting, scouting, trying to fall asleep the night before opening day or sitting at work counting down the days till the next chance you get to go out hunting. It'll never leave your mind, especially after you get your first deer. Good luck with the season and this is a great place to get a lot of info.

Bowlowe

Tried turkey hunting in the spring with no luck, never found signs of birds or heard or seen anything. Felt like I was just sitting in the woods instead of hunting. Seeing the pics and finding alot of tracks and deer trails makes me feel like I'm doing something...mucher cooler to think you have a shot rather than just walking out into the woods and hoping something walks into range. I think I've read every post on this forum, learned alot by reading, now just hoping I can apply it this year.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Best of luck to get one on the ground this season. Whatever you dont get to discouraged, it took me four seasons before I put one down.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Tried turkey hunting in the spring with no luck, never found signs of birds or heard or seen anything. Felt like I was just sitting in the woods instead of hunting. Seeing the pics and finding alot of tracks and deer trails makes me feel like I'm doing something...mucher cooler to think you have a shot rather than just walking out into the woods and hoping something walks into range. I think I've read every post on this forum, learned alot by reading, now just hoping I can apply it this year.

Yeah. Sorry about all the crap I put up here. Probably would have saved you some time reading if I wasn't a member. lmao

Definitely addictive. Glad you joined up and chimed in. We all started somewhere. Finding TOO will take years off your learning curve without a doubt. There are some very knowledgeable folks on this site. I would put many of them up against the biggest "celebrity" hunters you see on TV.

I wish you the best of luck this season and a fine welcome to the site. I started out similar. Expect a bunch of "ahah!" moments this season where you are in a tree or blind and have a moment where you experience what you had been reading about and think "That is what they meant!"

Nothing like watching the woods wake up or go to bed. It is a beautiful thing. Some of my best hunts I have gone home empty handed. Hunting is definitely not about the killing for me. Tagging a deer is just a bonus.

Bowlowe

Yea, its soybeans and corn. We have our blind set up on a corner of the timber with a view of both. Thanks for everyone's welcome and support....keep ya posted with how things go