Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

House & Plot part 2 (Pic Heavy)

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Well a little update of what I've got done so far. The plot is not going to be as big as I intended this year since I had to do all the mowing my zero turn and didn't want to beat it down to bad. I kept the plot close to Northern edge of the property along the tree line so I can conceal a blind for my gramps if need be, otherwise it'll just be for observation. The black line is what I've mowed, the blue lines are new trails I've mowed, and the red dot it a 8'-9' tree that I turned into a licking branch tree. When I was mowing the bottom plot a doe walked right in on the trail to the SW from the beans and just stood there watching me for a long time. Eventually she feed in the beans until I was done then returned with her girlfriends and fawns to chow down on the fresh cut grass. Sprayed it yesterday evening and have plans on using my buddies plotmaster Weds. to get the ground turned and ready to see. Here's a few pics....

Driveway:

House:

Backyard:

Trail to plot:

Top plot:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Looking good. Nothing says you have to do it all in one year. Just buying a house is a lot of work in itself. Congrats. Looks like a very nice place.

beaston

Very nice place Zach, I'm not familiar with the plot masters and how the seed is put down, but if it uses disks similar to a corn planter you will want to blow all of the extra grass clippings off to the side or it will bunch up at the disks and give big variations in seed depth and uncovered seed.. Last year I had put extra time into my seedbed and my crop output was great. This year it sucked because I left all the high grass clippings mixed in with the seedbed and the result was less than stellar.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Thanks guys, Beaston I took a backpack blower in there and got the clippings taken care of. I plan on spraying the 41 gly Monday and trying the plotmaster out at the end of the week. I wish I knew someone with a good pull behind tiller down here. IMO nothing looks better than a fresh tilled piece of land and usually creates a finer dirt for better seed to bed contact.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Just put in a concrete driveway. Problem solved. They give concrete away don't they? lmao

I see a tractor purchase in your future Zach.