Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tampon deer lure

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
My boss at work today was telling me that hanging a used bloody tampon from a tree will attract bucks. Just wondering if anyone has ever tried this nasty trick and if it works or not.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Never tried it and don't plan on doing it soon. Will say that anyone who see's you doing this, will definitely know why you are out hunting instead of being at home. rotflmao Just sayin'..........

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Lmao Rick! I've heard guys do this before and even walked in on a guy up at Caesars Creek one time that had a dozen or so of them hanging all around him. I friggin saw the white things hanging high and low on 10 foot centers in a 50 yard stretch and he was in a stand I could have nearly jumped up in right in the middle of em! I waved at him as I slipped back from where I came from shaking my head and laughing to myself. Funny thing is, I saw these things from about 75 yards away along a clearcut and still hunted my way there to investigate it and see what they were. Funniest thing I ever saw while hunting....

Last edited:

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Haha! Although, I think some people use clean ones for wicks for their favorite deer lure. If in fact that that guy was using his wife's used tampons? Poor feller is multi-tasking a bit. That's why he's hunting and not home with her, cause she's not fit to be around! Lol.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I have used clean ones as a wick for a scent drag. I imagine a deer can tell the difference between human and deer vaginal bleeding. If not they would chase every animal that came into estrous during the rut. Poor ground squirrels would be getting pummeled. lol

Did a draw hunt at Alum Creek and these seem to bring in all the bumpkins. Well he was using them and I could smell it a 100 yards down wind. Well, he was using scented ones :smiley_chinrub::smiley_crazy:

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Apparently a goat that's in heat smells exactly like a deer lol I don't think I'll be trying the tampon trick since that stuff makes me want to puke, when she say's "I'm on the rag" I vomit in my mouth a lil bit. And I don't have a goat either so I think I'll be sticking to my doe piss.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Never tried it and don't plan on doing it soon. Will say that anyone who see's you doing this, will definitely know why you are out hunting instead of being at home. rotflmao Just sayin'..........

Now that was funny!

I am with the others. I have heard of several using them for scent wicks but never using used tampons. I am not interested in trying it.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
A) What a bunch of wussies!

B) What I heard was not to use an actual used tampon, but to use the urine from a woman during that time of her cycle.

C) I'm too old to try it and see.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Apparently a goat that's in heat smells exactly like a deer lol I don't think I'll be trying the tampon trick since that stuff makes me want to puke, when she say's "I'm on the rag" I vomit in my mouth a lil bit. And I don't have a goat either so I think I'll be sticking to my doe piss.

I,m with you, I can tell when the women in my house are in cycle by the scent coming from the bathroom trash. And I'm not going to try sticking one in a goats cooter either.

Truth be told, I have never had any results from using bottled estrous lures, i dont even waste my money on them any more.