Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

planning vacation time

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
This year is gonna be a great one for sure. I also have over 60 days of leave on the books and can still accrue another 37 before I retire.

I'm taking the 14th to 22nd of September off for my Idaho elk trip.

I canceled the MD sika deer hunting trip so I could use the money for my November trip to Illinois.

In November I'm taking the 4th through 17th off. The first week of November I'll be hunting here in PA hunting and the 10th through 15th I'll be hunting Illinois. Sad part is because it's a 15 hour drive and I plan to break it up into two legs I won't be hunting until the 12th. If I manage to shoot a nice buck early I'll come home and hunt in Ohio for a few days too. I'd leave sooner for Illinois, but the USMC Birthday Ball is on the 9th. Since this will be my last one on active duty then I just wouldn't feel right about missing it.

There is a small chance I may take two days during the first week of Ohio's gun season, but it is a small chance.

Ohiobowhunter1

Columbus
My annual Strouds trip will begin on November the 5th and go until November the 19th. I may also hunt October the 13th and take that Monday the 14th off as well. The week-end trip to Strouds for the TOO group will fall on the doe only muzzleloader week-end just FYI so make sure to bring plenty of orange. See y'all there!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
My annual Strouds trip will begin on November the 5th and go until November the 19th. I may also hunt October the 13th and take that Monday the 14th off as well. The week-end trip to Strouds for the TOO group will fall on the doe only muzzleloader week-end just FYI so make sure to bring plenty of orange. See y'all there!

That was on purpose! When we are done with the place, the smoke will be so thick it will linger through Halloween! lmao

Ohiobowhunter1

Columbus
That was on purpose! When we are done with the place, the smoke will be so thick it will linger through Halloween! lmao

Hopefully you guys have the same success as last year, will you have access to the private parcels from Mr. Rex? I saw him drive through the camp ground but didn't get a chance to speak to him this past week-end.

Hunter II

I will be in Kansas Nov 9-20. I didn't wait for Charlie's prediction to schedule my vacation, but I sure hope he is right.

00buck

just started a new job and let them know before they hired me i couldn't work 2 week of November