Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hunting Season Fitness

I'm just not a beer drinker, per se. a well made gin or vodka and tonic is worth three beers. half the calories, twice the sophistication. :pickle:

I do like beer on occasion but will never turn down a good bourbon and cigar. I work out at Metro fitness in Worthington. Some power-lifters, athletes and bodybuilders train there, as well as some women that really scare me. :smiley_asswhip: It never fails that those massive guys are always complaining about bad joints.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Down 10. Still had my strength but my cardio has went to crap. Going to run 3 miles tonight. Goal is to be at less than 27 minutes.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I do like beer on occasion but will never turn down a good bourbon and cigar. I work out at Metro fitness in Worthington. Some power-lifters, athletes and bodybuilders train there, as well as some women that really scare me. :smiley_asswhip: It never fails that those massive guys are always complaining about bad joints.

Got a bunch of juicers where I work out at too. They have the extra good creatine.:smiley_crocodile:

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I'll get back into it. I'm trying. Like everyone else. Before kids I was 205, jacked and as strong as I'll probably ever be. I couldn't lift 315 now if I had someone helping me. Well maybe mountme could ha ha ha

I just want to be lean. I could care less about being huge. I'd like to just feel better and feel light.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Pretty bad the other night when my daughter and her boyfriend were comparing how much they weigh, and I realized i weigh more than both of them combined

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Just finished todays work out.

20 minutes at level 4 and 5 on the stair mill with 40 pounds on my back (OK, I took the pack off after 16 minutes). I did 1.6 miles.

After that lifted weights for 45 minutes in a circuit routine that consisted of: chest, abs, arms, and legs. The circuit and leg work out really keeps you heart rate up too!

Tonight I'll walk the dog 3 to 4 miles with the 40 pound pack.

Tomorrow is carido day. I'm going to run 5 in the morning and then walk the dog 2-3 in the evening with the pack.

Huckleberry Finn

Metro is notorious for 'roids...

Blackbeard

Oak Hill, OH
I stay active outside all summer, working the garden, whatever, so it keeps me in just good enough shape to where I don't have a heart attack. Chasing a 2 and 4 year old around my acre yard helps too. But I'm really going to have to start exercising more in the future. Hard to believe 5 years ago I dropped 50 lbs and ran a 5K! Those 50 are back.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Easiest part is losing the weight keeping it off is a completely different subject lol..... I'm down 10 and need too go another 5 but I'm off work this week and my sons home so I'm playin Hooky from my workout routine for the week and staying away from the scale next week lol

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm down 10 thanks to an active summer. My goal is to lose another 10 before season starts. As soon as I get over this lingering sickness, I plan to start back at the gym. Been sick all month...

joejoe8

Start back doing more of a circuit training rountine this month. Its kicking my butt, but I will be ready for them Ohio hills.

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
I hiked 5.13 miles today with a 50 pound pack. I've been tearing it up pretty good. Bad thing is I've gained five pounds. I've been sucking on the diet. Tomorrow I'm hitting the harrisburg 20 mile bike trail (with my mtn bike).

00buck

really dont work out for deer season fitness is something i have put on the back burner but still active and fit enough to hunt

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I like to work out 4 days a week with light weights more reps.No more heavy stuff.Ride a bike 3 or 4 days a week 6 to 12 miles depending on how i feel.Lately only a couple miles do to leg pain and knee pain due to a little freaking tick bite last summer.Got a bullseye rash and now have to go see an Infectious disease doctor on Tursday.Whoopee!!