Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ohio State Buckeye Football 2013

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Haters gonna hate! lmao

I agree with the knocks on us for our schedule. It's embarrassing to play Buffalo, San Diego State and an FCS school. Hopefully Urban will fix that. As for his recruits, I saw a couple in person and we're in good shape. That Wilson kid is FAST. Legit world class speed Ted Ginn style. People are hating now because they know what's coming...

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Hahaha guys! I guess all teams have over zealous fans as well. I work with UMuck,Notre Lame,UKy,Hosier and UC my junk fans everyday and to hear them go on about their teams is the same kind of stuff Longdraw,Dante and Joe hear from the Buckeye fans who go overboard.

I agree, our schedule isn't the strongest by a longshot because of the non-conference schedule mostly but Wisky,UM,Penn St, Mich.St and a much improved NW won't be rolling over and will give us all they have.
All conference games are competitive because of the target on your back.

......and yes, every team in the Div.1 plays several Patsy's in their non-conference schedule. If we can get the SEC to travel north for home and away back to back year matchups with us, I'd be all for it! Alabama played Michigan and Penn. St over the past few years but I can't think of any other teams in the SEC that has done it. We had both Tenn. and Georgia scheduled this year and a few years later but when the realignment shit started they got out of the agreement for some reason. I'd have loved to seen those teams play but what can you do. We might play them in their backyard come bowl season as always. Lol

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Hahaha guys! I guess all teams have over zealous fans as well. I work with UMuck,Notre Lame,UKy,Hosier and UC my junk fans everyday and to hear them go on about their teams is the same kind of stuff Longdraw,Dante and Joe hear from the Buckeye fans who go overboard.

I agree, our schedule isn't the strongest by a longshot because of the non-conference schedule mostly but Wisky,UM,Penn St, Mich.St and a much improved NW won't be rolling over and will give us all they have.
All conference games are competitive because of the target on your back.

......and yes, every team in the Div.1 plays several Patsy's in their non-conference schedule. If we can get the SEC to travel north for home and away back to back year matchups with us, I'd be all for it! Alabama played Michigan and Penn. St over the past few years but I can't think of any other teams in the SEC that has done it. We had both Tenn. and Georgia scheduled this year and a few years later but when the realignment shit started they got out of the agreement for some reason. I'd have loved to seen those teams play but what can you do. We might play them in their backyard come bowl season as always. Lol

Let's compare Michigans strength of schedule to OSU for the last ten years...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Went to a sports bar for dinner with Erin on the bike. Watched until 21-7 and decided to enjoy a ride. Looking pretty good. Just home to find 31-14? Hmm. . . .

I LOVED watching the Michigan highlights or shall I say lowlights? Would have loved seeing the last play of that game end differently. hahah

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
After seeing how the Big Ten(lol) played this week I'd say its down although IMO Wisky got hosed in the waning minute of their game. They were stupid for not kicking the FG on the final play but the officials just quit and didn't penalize ASU for delaying the game which would have stopped the clock and moved the ball closer for one final kick. WTH!

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Sounds like our whole National Championship season though. BY the end of the season you won't remember how close it was, just a W in the W column. lol

That's what Ive been saying. I now know how buckeye fans feel. To have my team win a game they had no business winning against a shitty MAC team. Usually, UM loses these games

Huckleberry Finn

Old TP with the line of the day "Those guys kicked me out of the school after what I did for them"

Former Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor recorded his first win as a NFL starter Sunday, leading Oakland to a 19-9 victory over Jacksonville. The game wasn't pretty -- the Raiders scored a touchdown on their first possession, but failed to reach the end zone again -- but it was a win nonetheless.

After the game, a Columbus Dispatch reporter in Oakland asked Pryor about his relationship with Ohio State. The former Buckeyes quarterback was at the center of the tattoo scandal that resulted in NCAA violations and sanctions for the school. Part of those sanctions include a ruling from the NCAA that Ohio State must disassociate itself from Pryor for a period of five years.

"That's my school, but they don't really accept me," Pryor said. "I've moved on to what I have now, and that's just football."

According to the Dispatch, Pryor said that he watched some of the Buckeyes' Saturday night contest down the road at Cal. Those sanctions, however, limit Pryor's ability to support the team. But judging from Pryor's next comment, I'm not sure he is the first former Buckeye fans should expect on the sideline.

"Those guys kicked me out of school after all those things I did for them," Pryor said.

At that point, an Oakland Raiders team official stepped in to tell reporters that "we're not going to talk about Ohio State right now."

Pryor led Ohio State to three Big Ten titles, wins in the Rose Bowl and Sugar Bowl -- earning MVP honors in both games -- and three wins over Michigan. Despite the disassociation and earlier comments, Pryor later clarified that he is "not at all" bitter about the way things unfolded, and he hopes the 2013 Buckeyes "win the championship."