Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Natural gas pipeline

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I've mentioned before that there is a natural gas pipeline going across the front of my farm. It runs about 150 yds. the full length on my hunting area.
Well today they dug the trench, the pipe is connected in long sections. It shouldn't be too long before they get the damn pipe in the ground and covered up. Don't they know deer season is right around the corner?
Get done already and get out of here.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Trust me, the last thing they are worried about is deer season. Pipelining is a tough gig from start to finish. As someone who knows, it is always nice when we get cut some slack. If they are ditched and prepped, they'll be gone well before it effects deer season...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Just make sure this doesn't happen later. This is our Warsaw farm...

[video=youtube;Vjm2cxozi5k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjm2cxozi5k[/video]

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Ten phone calls later it was fixed. I didn't get to see the actual cause. It was between the head and tanks.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I don't want to see a leak on this new high pressure natural gas line. It's 24" and the other natural gas pipeline that went through 5 yrs. ago was 42". They say there's a 800 ft. blast area. My house is just past that.

Huckleberry Finn

I don't want to see a leak on this new high pressure natural gas line. It's 24" and the other natural gas pipeline that went through 5 yrs. ago was 42". They say there's a 800 ft. blast area. My house is just past that.

PHMSA (Federal Pipeline and Hazardous Material Safety Agency) has safety jurisdiction over your line. Their regional office is in Kansas.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
When they are done maybe you can throw down some seed and have a nice food plot

I wish but where they went across my property is at the road and it's a pasture. I hunt on the other end of the farm. I guess they will replant next to my property all the way back for 1800 ft. Then replant the neighbors pasture behind me.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
As of Friday the North side of the road the pipe is in the trench but not covered. I'm on the South side and nothing in the trench yet.
I haven't looked today on progress but I hear them working.

buckstar25

T-county
We went through this last season and it was slated for the second week of November, during our bow hunting vacation.

I noticed it had little to no effect on the deer, as they were running the welder and pulling the welding trucks up the hill with a dozer I had 4 does walk right past them and to my stand and a buck bedded down less than 50 yds from the welder. The noise from the welder was ridiculously loud and the buck never paid attention to it and stayed for about an hour.

They replanted our right of ways with clover mix.

Buckmaster

Portage
They are currently surveying my lot to run a pipeline through one edge. 174 feet in length by 75 foot right away. Not sure of pipe sizes yet.

MK111, what did they pay you per foot?

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
They are currently surveying my lot to run a pipeline through one edge. 174 feet in length by 75 foot right away. Not sure of pipe sizes yet.

MK111, what did they pay you per foot?

Not by foot exactly. They determine value of property off County records. Then they add a rental fee somehow.
They will lowball you to start.
They been easy to work with overall and the neighbors say the same. They handled my fencing problem like pros.

Buckmaster

Portage
Will they install yours under the lease? Or are the negotiating a RW?

This is a right a way deal.

I'm still trying to get my mineral rights back. I paid the lawyer for 3 title searches to the tune of $ 1,200.00 in May of 2012. He's still dragging his feet as my parcel is difficult.
All my neighbors got their mineral rights back and I was the first to start the process. One of my neighbors has since retired coal mining at the age of 50 because of his gas lease bonus payment plus a pipe line right away lease.

We shall see.