Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bummer

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Went up into my woods today to hang my SkyPoint camera.
A large 5 ft. oak tree blew over across the main deer trail the big bucks came into the woods on. But I believe they will detour just before the downed tree so I will be OK there.
However the tree was about 10 ft. from the property line and it fell onto the neighbors property. I'll have to contact him and see what he wants done. Hopefully he knows someone who will want the fire wood. There's just no way in hell I can cut it up. All the main limbs should be OK but the truck bottom was hollow with only 6 inches around the outside. Couldn't tell how far up the rot went.
If it's not one thing it's another.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I wouldn't be too quick to cut that up...might be a good place to put a hideyhole blind. Leaves will stay on and might be a great place to shoot from? And the wood ain't going anywhere. ....

Edit oh crap the top is on the neighbor ain't it?

Last edited:

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I had 2 big maple trees fall in our woods right on a trail TOO, damn near took out my ladder stand. I cut some limbs off but I left the majority of it there for cover. Opened up a huge ass hole in the canopy which will create more browse.

Edit, these trees were healthy but they got blown over by the nasty storm we had a couple weeks ago.