Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Climbing Tree stand reccomendations

teej89

NE PA
Alright so I'm finally splurging and buying a new stand, I have one my dad bought me ten years ago but it's round 28lbs, trying to drop some L-B's. Using a band saw and I rigged up a wood board that I can sit on to climb up the tree and then pivots outta my way when I get up. Probably not the safest but it worked lol! I'm looking for something that's going to be relatively decent to climb, not one that has you swearing your entire way up/down the tree haha I also don't want a stand with a bar in front of me cuz this stand will be used for archery only.

Anyways, I am looking into either a Lone Wolf or Summit. My options are as follows:

Here's the links for them also, and any others reccomendations are appreciated.

http://www.lonewolfhuntingproducts.com/s...SCCII.aspx

http://www.lonewolfhuntingproducts.com/s..._WFTC.aspx

http://www.summitstands.com/climbing-tre...-treestand

http://www.summitstands.com/climbing-tre...-treestand

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Something else to consider is a set of climbing sticks and a hang-on. A good number of guys here have sets of either lone wolf or muddy sticks and then a muddy or millennium stand as an alternative to a climber. The sticks greatly increase your tree selection options.

Though this option will more than likely not be the lightest option it definitely has its benefits.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Climbers have their place in this world, but limit your options and require you hang in trees that often don't have much cover. That's why I use a Millennium and Lone Wolf sticks. It weighs about 34 pounds, but with the GamePlan Gear TTS, it packs well and really is not much worse than my Summit Goliath was. I can hang a stand in just a few more minutes than I can scale a tree with a climber and I can climb trees with lots of branches giving me great cover. It's not the perfect solution, but for me it is the best solution. Certainly takes some practice to get proficient and we've made some mods that make things very convenient and safe. At the end of the day, I'll take my mobile set up over any climber out there. But if I had to have one, it'd be a LW or Summit.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Get a LW Alpha and a set of sticks and you'll never look back. If you don't mind a little extra weight in exchange for comfort go with the millennium pictured above and modify the sticks to it.

Diablo54

Outside
Go for the lw. If you know how to position yourself you will be fine. My dad taught me a valuable lesson when I was younger. Always face away from where the deer "should" come from. This gives you cover until they are nearly broadside.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Are you going too the shoot? If so maybe some of the guys can bring a few different stands for you too look at and hear the opinions on them and maybe even try them out as well..... Just a thought.....

teej89

NE PA
I have 3 hang ons actually and they'll be hanging on the private land I have. However I also hunt some public land and I wouldn't want to leave a hang on there. Also my hikes are typically a mile plus so I'm looking for a light weight climber. I do have the LW climbing sticks and love em!

J
I would be coming but I have to help out my brother inlaw this up coming weekend. Good thinking tho!

Any more recommendations on climbers?

teej89

NE PA
Well I was set on a new climber but the more and more I think about it I have decided the climber to be obsolete. I've always found myself not being able to hunt a specific spot because either the trees are too small or there's too many low branches. So I think I'm going to go with the LW Climbing sticks and Millenium M-50 or the LW Alpha.

Thanks for your help guys!

Last edited: