Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

daughter has a deer problem

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I can't say I blame you Oakswamper. Pretty sad what it has come to. People have no respect.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Hicks I have always let people hunt small game and if I got my deer I would let them hunt deer. I'm gonna turn into an ass and not let any hunters unless I know them. I know that sounds bad but I'm sick of gettin shit stolen

Sorry about your stuff getting stolen. So you let strangers hunt your land? I would think that would be your first problem if it's true, and stopping them from hunting it anymore would be pretty difficult I would think unless you just start firing warning shots.

doegirl

I couldn't imagine abusing the privilege to hunt someone else's land. When I lived in NW Ohio, it took me YEARS to gain access to one property. If those guys are stealin' from you-throw the bums out.:mad:

Last edited:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Sorry to hear this OS! Your kind gesture of allowing people to use your land for hunting and something like this happens?!? That pisses me off to no end! I had a cam stolen last year and it still chaps my ass! Hope you find out who took your stuff!

oakswamper

around Toledo
well he is back without velvet lol

couple of deer hounds ;)

I've been real busy with my bar trying to get things done, we had about a 2 month set back because of a few problems with the building not matching the original plans, but I think it is taken care of now and things are movin along. Hope everyone has had a good summer.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
He's a pretty nice buck! He definitely feels at home in that neighborhood...lol

Glad to hear your restaurant is coming along.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Nice to see you back! I was wondering how things were going. Hope the bar progress goes more smoothly from here on out.

Nice buck you have there in what sure seems to be a neighborhood. Plenty of burger in him and some nice antlers as well. Good luck!

oakswamper

around Toledo
My daughter said she has only been seeing 1 buck the last few weeks, I figured out why today

this was between the privacy fence and the chain link fence within 20 feet of her house where they dont go very often

I couldn't see any obvious reasons why it died but it was pretty far gone. She said she smelled something about 3 weeks ago

oakswamper

around Toledo
I wonder if he got hit by a car and checked out in the yard. Did he have any broken bones?

I looked again yesterday and couldn't find any broken bones or any sign of what did it in, it was a young deer so I have know idea. Prolly some dumb ass gut shot it and was afraid of gettin caught and didn't go after it..

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I looked again yesterday and couldn't find any broken bones or any sign of what did it in, it was a young deer so I have know idea. Prolly some dumb ass gut shot it and was afraid of gettin caught and didn't go after it..

Might have drank some of that Budweiser and met his demise..... Just sayin lol...... J/K.... Maybe..... Lol