Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Prayers for my Mom

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
You got it Diane. The doctors can do amazing things nowadays. Praying for full recovery for your mom.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
My Mom is in the recovery room and they said she did fine. They found the nerves that were causing the A-fib and froze them. Amazing what they can do with someone's heart, huh? If she does well tonight, they said she could go home tomorrow.

As for the procedure, I guess it works for 85% of the people that have it done, so time will tell on that.

Thank you all for your prayers.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
I guess Mom has to have her blood drawn every day for the next 5 to 7 days and Dad has to give her 2 shots a day into her stomach due to her INR levels, which has something to do with your blood clotting abilities. They don't want it too high or too low.

But she is on her way home now and is happy as can be.

Ricer2231

I guess Mom has to have her blood drawn every day for the next 5 to 7 days and Dad has to give her 2 shots a day into her stomach due to her INR levels, which has something to do with your blood clotting abilities. They don't want it too high or too low.

But she is on her way home now and is happy as can be.

Sometimes they can have their INR level checked by simply doing a finger stick, like a diabetic, and put the test strip into a INR meter to determine the level. If her INR level gets too high it will take longer for her blood to clot and if it gets too low it will clot too easily. I'm no doctor by a long shot but this was just something we touched on in my EMT/Paramedic classes. But regardless of that, thank goodness she's on her way home.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Sometimes they can have their INR level checked by simply doing a finger stick, like a diabetic, and put the test strip into a INR meter to determine the level. If her INR level gets too high it will take longer for her blood to clot and if it gets too low it will clot too easily. I'm no doctor by a long shot but this was just something we touched on in my EMT/Paramedic classes. But regardless of that, thank goodness she's on her way home.

They want her to go to the local hospital (about a 45 minute drive, one way) to have her blood drawn since they can get the results quickly and then fax it to her heart doctor, which is 2 hours away. Her regular doctor's office takes a day for the results, which is unfortunate since his office is close by. (20 minutes, they live in the sticks)

I'll mention what you said to her, but knowing my Mom, she wouldn't take that option anyway. She's an all "doctors know best" type of person, which is the exact opposite of me!