Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Strange but true via NBC News

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
By Henry Austin, NBC News contributor

A Brazilian man has died after a 3000-pound cow crashed through the roof of his house and crushed him, according to local reports.

Joao Maria de Souza was sleeping with his wife when the animal plunged through the corrugated asbestos shelter of his home in Caratinga in south-eastern Brazil.

The cow is thought to have escaped from a nearby farm, before it clambered onto the home, which backs onto a steep hill.

It then fell eight-feet onto de Souza's side of the bed, after the roof buckled under its weight, local media reported. His wife was unharmed.

He was taken to hospital with a broken leg but the victim’s brother, Carlos Correa de Souza, 43, told Brazilian newspaper Hoje Em Dia that he later died from internal bleeding.

The Civil Police of Caratinga in Vale do Rio Doce will open investigation into the circumstances of death, the paper added.

“I didn't bring my son up to be killed by a falling cow," his mother Maria de Souza told Brazil's Super Canal TV channel. "He nearly died when he was two and got meningitis, but I worked hard to buy medicines for him and he survived. And now he's lying in his bed and gets crushed to death by a cow. There's no justice in the world.”

Man, I thought my luck was bad.

Ricer2231

Until I read this I thought two things, "that is a very rude thing to say about a mans wife who is probably just trying to pleasure her man" and " there are a lot of other overweight women that don't get called a cow in a news report".
But now I stand corrected it was actually a falling cow.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
3000 lb cow???:smiley_chinrub:

Must of been a world record 6'6" tall cow. lmao. Must be more common and widespread then we thought lol.

Actually, I think it was more of the corrugated metal company wanting to make people think that the metal is stronger then it really is lmao.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Until I read this I thought two things, "that is a very rude thing to say about a mans wife who is probably just trying to pleasure her man" and " there are a lot of other overweight women that don't get called a cow in a news report".
But now I stand corrected it was actually a falling cow.

You are so bad! :smiley_crocodile: