Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Smokers Welcome: Official Scent Smoker Thread

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Quote Originally Posted by Gern186 View Post
Warm smoke on a cold morning always feels better than cold wet spray from a bottle!

The first year i hunted, i had a bottle of spray scent killer in the jeep in january. it froze! dont need to worry about keeping a smoker thawed out.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
They were supposed to be delivered the first of this week. I got a call yesterday from Yellow Freight - suppose to deliver next Tuesday now... I will ship them the day after I get them, which should be Wednesday. Sorry for the delay!

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I was just thinking about my smoker this past weekend. Wont be long and those billows will be pumping out the sweet smell of hickory. :pickle:

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Has any used the SS for other hunts? I have been trying to convince myself for years to take the plunge. Wonder how the Bear's would react to the Smoke Scent?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I use it on yotes. My opinion is that it is not as effective in areas where smoke would be considered a foreign odor. But I can't really substantiate that claim. Just seems to make sense...

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I've used it on elk - worked like a charm. I've had people tell me that it works on everything equally as well. One man in Idaho uses it exclusively on wolves. He claims there are no longer any deer, elk, or bear to hunt in his area due to the wolves, so he is on a mission to thin them out!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Quantum, I see you are from Jamestown... If you know Seth Davis, look him up. I used to work with him. He has been using it for at least the last 5 years and may be able to help you out.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
His family ran a deer prcessing outfit there for years. I don't think they are still doing it though. And come to think of it, I think he may have built a new home south of Wilmington...

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Whitetail Processors right on Old 35? If it is who I am thinking of he built down in Clarksville. His last name isn't Davis though it Davison that through me off. They do not process anymore sold out before last season. I actually hunt quite a bit with his brothers. Didn't realize he smoked up. I can definitely give him a call.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Might seem crazy, but I fired mine up the other night and smoked the inside of my truck because I missed the smell!

Understand completely - looking forward to lighting up soon
It's amazing the tie between smell and memory -
Still got smoked clothing in a tote - take a sniff now and again and I'm transported to deer season.
Ahhhh memories