Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Crops

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Wheat just now starting to come in. The heads are starting to sprout and only gonna get worse. Moisture has been 13-16 percent and it has a grey, waterlogged color to it. Havent talked to anybody about doing doublecropped beans. Might not be any late beanfeilds this year

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
On route 4 and 161 between Columbus and Springfield. Most of the corn has tasseled. Beans are about knee high with large areas of yellowing due to standing water. On my drive home right now they're harvesting wheat at full throttle. Not a lot of corn laid down this side of town but there is west of Springfield.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Saw a few cornfields blown over in crawford / marion county. Guy I work with up around Tiffin says most of them are down around him. Most of the wheat fields around here have tractors sitting next to them waiting for it to dry up enough they can get in and get it off. Most of the fields around here still have a lot of standing water in them. A lot of bean fields are dead as well.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Just went to one of the farms I hunt today to pull a card and there's standing water all over the woods and out into the cornfield.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Everyone here is baling hay non-stop. Been too wet before this weekend. We didn't get any wind damage but in Hamilton 7 miles East of here they did have wind damage on Wednesday. We only got some heavy rain then.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Drove through a lot of farm land in and around my hunting area here in Warren county on Friday checking on the AG fields. There is alot(50% or so) of the bean fields still only ankle high(3-6") the other 50% is 12-14". The corn is 60-70% standing high 6-8 foot but the other 30-40% waist high. Been awfully wet here but thankfully haven't seen any corn laid down due to winds though.