Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

That was nice TOO see...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Went out to hang a cam and show JohnROhio one of my spots and get his opinion. After taking him on a Coonskinner trek and him giving me some opinions on stand placement we hung the cam on a nice trail on the inside corner of a corn field. We walked into the edge of the cornfield and saw a REALLY nice buck jumping through the corn field (mind you our corn is already over your shoulders). We think it is this buck from the last two years. He looked really nice from what we could tell.

Videos of him last year:

[video=youtube;nJeZ5LHMYwI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJeZ5LHMYwI&list=UUz0iEmvRcfEIwHNxkBbj2RA[/video]

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Another after shedding:

[video=youtube;CzDfqBE_6Hw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzDfqBE_6Hw&feature=c4-overview&list=UUz0iEmvRcfEIwHNxkBbj2RA[/video]

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Put a cam over a bit of dried molasses and corn by where the nicer bucks usually hang out. We will see in two weeks...

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
He was a great sight leaping away, Although I had to sleep for two days to recover from that hike.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Did you ever figure out who the trespassers were that year?

Yep. It is someone who wondered on that the neighboring farming let hunt for a week (he didn't tell me as I am the only one that hunts his place). Somehow forgot how a fence works. Ripped their ass a bit but not as bad as I wanted. They know the farmer that I hunt on and didn't wanna overstep. They got the point though when I pointed out that they were in the line of fire of our range. They really weren't but they didn't know that.

They went to hunt the property they were supposed to be on and we proceeded to unload about 500 rounds to drive the point home.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I've been wondering what happened to Spicoli. Glad to hear he's still hanging around and still breathing. Hope you get a crack at him this season Charles!