Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Furure throphy

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I've had a small buck feeding in my front yard for the last 30 days. He is getting a nice set of horns. Looks like 6-8 points already.
He is young, small bodied and probably doesn't weigh 80 lbs. I doubt he's even 2 yr. old.
Give him couple years and he's going to be a big one.
Tried for a picture today and lighting struck close and he left in a hurry.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
My buck came back tonite and brought along a buddy.
The antlers sure are growing in length. The 1st buck I seen has 2 light colored spots on his right side.
For antler size both bucks are small bodies.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
My buck came back tonite and brought along a buddy.
The antlers sure are growing in length. The 1st buck I seen has 2 light colored spots on his right side. You can see the spots in the 2nd photo.
For antler size both bucks are small bodies.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
That first buck has "awesome potential" written all over him! Both will be very nice deer in a year or two,IMO.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Oh baby, talk about potential!! Hopefully the neighbors will lay off of him as well!!

I'm afraid that won't happen around here. Everyone around here shoots the 1st deer they see. A neighbors friend shot a fawn that couldn't have weighed 50 lbs. beside my woods last year. He picked it up by the hind legs and put it into a pickup without lowering the tailgate.
I can only hope for the best.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I'm afraid that won't happen around here. Everyone around here shoots the 1st deer they see. A neighbors friend shot a fawn that couldn't have weighed 50 lbs. beside my woods last year. He picked it up by the hind legs and put it into a pickup without lowering the tailgate.
I can only hope for the best.

That's pretty sad.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks guys. Seeing these bucks this year only puts me in the idea of putting out more food plots and mineral licks. It's in the works. Putting in a lick beside the trail these bucks are using tonite. There's room for a 1000-2000 sq. ft. fall food plot there also. Be putting that in about Sept. 1st.