Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Projects Thread

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
I've had jobs that I bid that turned into a nightmare but always stayed until it was done and customer happy so I could get paid. Didn't know this do half and quit shit was an option. :smiley_chinrub:

Oh well. Should be a sweet building when you get it finished. Looking forward to seeing the after pictures.

Buckmaster

Portage
A little more gravel / tamper work and the floor will be ready for 6 mil visqueen, followed by 1 1/4" Barrier insulation, then wire mesh panels, topped off with routing 1,800' of 1/2 PEX.
I'll be a one man Army this weekend in preparation for Tuesday's pour.

Attachments

• Pic 6.jpg
    Pic 6.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 84

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Need someone to aid you in securing your Lima deal Buckmaster? Supposed to rain Sun-Tues. I can meet up with the dude if you need me to. If it buys you some time, I would be glad to assist.

Buckmaster

Portage
Need someone to aid you in securing your Lima deal Buckmaster? Supposed to rain Sun-Tues. I can meet up with the dude if you need me to. If it buys you some time, I would be glad to assist.

The Lima deal is good as done. The guy has my paperwork signed and notarized, all I have to do is pick it up and pay the man.
I may try to do that May 30th if my hectic schedule permits. He's patient and working with me.
Thanks for your offer.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
You have my number. First part of next week looking very rainy. I'll spot you and pick up if needed. Throw you a couch to sleep on or whatever you need while in town.

Buckmaster

Portage
You have my number. First part of next week looking very rainy. I'll spot you and pick up if needed. Throw you a couch to sleep on or whatever you need while in town.

Appreciate the offer there Philbert but when I come through town it will be hot and fast. I have 4 baseball games on schedule this week. Since we scrimmage Saturday I may blow that off and visit Lima for an hour or two. We shall see how our schedules align later this week.

Buckmaster

Portage
I got the Barrier 1.25" insulation laid down, wire mesh, and 1,800 foot of 1/2" Pex all ran and routed back to the manifold this weekend.
It's been holding a 60 pound air pressure for the past 72 hours but with rain in today/tomorrow forecast we pushed today's concrete pour out to Thursday/Friday.

Here's some pictures for those of you asking about radiant heat flooring. Now if only I could incorporate some solar activity to help drive my energy needs. That's on my someday "Wish List".

Attachments

• Pex 1.jpg
    Pex 1.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 93
  • Pex 2.jpg
    Pex 2.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 98
  • Pex 3.jpg
    Pex 3.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 91

Buckmaster

Portage
6" floor slab has been poured and sealed. Poured 30 yards yesterday. First bay is pitched into an 8' trough drain for a wash basin (or hanging/butchering those deer).
Found 2 cracks this morning so I'm a little bummed about that but nothing is perfect though I'm a perfectionist. We're still holding 60 psi on the manifold so we didn't ruin any radiant heat Pex lines while driving the buggy over it so that's good. Saw cutting the slab today.

Attachments

• The Pour.jpg
    The Pour.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 96
  • Pour Completed.jpg
    Pour Completed.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 88

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Nice work. Cracks are probably from uneven settling. I'll ask the concrete guy who now works at the shop. I thought of floor heat for my man cave. But I passed on it because I put 10" in the outside walls, 6" in the inside wall and 10" in the ceiling. Should be able to heat with a candle. Last winter I used a zone heating with a small electric heater and got by just fine.
A friend on my BIL put in a floor heat in his polebarn for a apartment for his daughter and ran it off a electric water heater and it felt good during the winter. You're going to like it.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
There are standards on concrete. They keep samples from batches. There can be a bad batch. Doesn't happen often. Don't want to put that thought in your head as I know nothing about your concrete supplier.

Buckmaster

Portage
My guess is the concrete cured/dried too rapidly. I checked it last night at 8:30 and it was very warm. I could feel the heat coming off of it from 6 foot away. When I checked it this morning, the cracks were there. Nothing to extensive but cosmetically displeasing. I've got bigger cracks in my poured walls and basement floor in my 2 year old house so I'm getting used to it. I consulted my home builder about that topic last year and they said if you can fit a quarter into the foundation wall (I can do the dime) than that's the time to make the call, else all is well.

Last edited: