Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Finelyshedded's videos and pics of 2013

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Pulled the scrape card today after a 3 week soak on video mode. It's apparent the bucks have not started hitting it yet. Had just 8 videos and it was just a few small bucks passing through and a doe or two. Here is the best still pic taken of a decent buck that came in TOO close and just popped up as he walked on thru.

This scrape gets hit every year starting in late October through most of December. I will post any pics I get from it. I also put up another cam about 100 yards away along a travel corridor in this same bottom just below the stand I set up for the girls and me.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Can't wait to see some big boys hitting that scrape in a another week or so. Seen a buck yesterday evening hit a scrape on the far side of the field and Dante found a couple walking in to his stand yesterday.

Won't be long until they hit that scrape of yours buddy.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Finally got the buck on TC that I just got his antlers a couple weeks ago and posted above. He's a nice looking 8 point with potential but if Karissa gets a shot she wants to shoot him. That's fine with me. These images are not 30 yards from our stands. Straight back and up on the bank to the right is where we're at. He walks right under our set at 20-25 yards.

Video

http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/...C3C0AAA-1737-0000039E999795D0_zps2b5db38b.mp4

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
It's been sooooooo long since I've gotten anything on camera worth sharing I had to dig my thread off the 3rd page of this forum! LOL

Anyway I got this one and only pic of this buck on Dec 30 @ 5:30pm. It's also the very first pic ever of him that I know of. I got a fraction of a video clip of a nice velvet 8 about 200 yards from here but not sure if its the same one though. Anyway, I hope he made it through muzzy season and Karissa either gets him with her xbow or we find his sheds.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks guys! I might have found a set of sheds from this buck during the late winter(Feb) the year before last. Both sides had very small 2" brows and were picked up within a 100 yards of this TC. I hope I can find these sheds(if he's alive) so's I can compare the pedicles.

teej89

NE PA
man he'll definitely be a good one next year. Hell he's a good one this year haha good luck finding his sheds Ric! I think I'm finally gonna give shed hunting a go this year.