Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Growing fast.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Man, hes got a lot going on there! When you bag him, you might want to keep quiet about where you got him. You'll end up with every hunter from the state and beyond nosing around.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Shit yeah man, that's a killer pull. Well done! I dig that big 8 with the dagger shaped tines. And that split brow buck is a pig!
I like that big 8 also.Pretty neat looking.I hope to get my Uncle on him when he gets here from California in November.The CRP fields really give them a chance to get big as they love living in that stuff.Most of it is between 5 to 7 feet tall now.We just had about 30 acres of the property 4 different fields seeded in clovers,alfalfa sunflowers and pearl millet for the pheasants, quail, and deer.They should love it.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
php3SuFdcAM.jpgphpgpfjKgAM.jpgphpgpHtqUAM.jpgphpHSCMlKAM.jpgphpLQ0mAgAM.jpgphpmNNlHKAM.jpgphpMtTxAfAM.jpgphpN8SVYkAM.jpgBeen awhile since i have posted any picks.Here are some of the last ones i have gotten since they have finished growing.The one pick with the doe is funny if you notice the other doe crashed out with it's head flat on the ground.The buck with the split tines almost took a dirt nap when i took a friend's son out last night to try and get him his first deer.We had him at 30 yds but never gave him a good broadside shot .Going to take him back out Sunday evening so hope he gets another chance.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
phpNVZiPlPM.jpgNot a very good pic of the split brow buck.A lot of fog in it.He pretty much layed off the mineral after shedding his velvet.I was out hunting monday evening and saw him as i was leaving the farm.He is a very nice deer and i will be spending alot of time trying to get a shot at him in between trying to get my friend's son his first deer when he is able to go in between school and sports.That's all for now but will post some more as i get them.Not sure how often i will check them as it is time to start hunting.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
php3PrhsGPM.jpgphpR9NrK4PM.jpgphp5vd2o7PM.jpgphp6D1aAbPM.jpgChecked the camera on the apple tree next to a switchgrass field today.Had to change the batteries out so the next pics will hopefully be better.Several deer are hitting this every night and it is along the driveway so i can check it anytime i drive by.