Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Storage for Hunting clothes / gear

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I tried the storage bins then I switched to 30 gallon food grade plastic barrels with sealed lids for the off season. During hunting season I have two 6 ft. hook boards mounted on the garage wall by the back door.
Who smokes up in the garage anyway? I do it outside.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
I tried the storage bins then I switched to 30 gallon food grade plastic barrels with sealed lids for the off season. During hunting season I have two 6 ft. hook boards mounted on the garage wall by the back door.

Umm...I'll defer that question to my wife:smiley_clap:

People have asked if I worry about garage smells getting into the cabinet....no, I'm worried about discoloring my garage and how bad my wife's car smells after the start of the season.

Smokin up in the garage has its advantages - hook the hangers on the garage door rail over head, it's warm, can walk around in socks/flip flops and I can lay everything out (not that it already doesn't have a spot in the cabinet anyways)....when done walk out the door to hunt.

*after thought - the small 2.5 acres I hunt is adjacent*

Huckleberry Finn

I smoke up right outside the garage so that I can use its light. I've found that the easiest way for me is to grab the 5 foot step ladder and throw it up outside, put my clothes on it, and put the smoker at the base. After a few minutes, I start getting dress and cover myself at each layer.

And, like Adam said, I can walk around in my socks on the concrete and there's light.

I use the vacuum bags all the time my clothes go into them right from the dryer. That way they pick up no strange scents while sitting around. I organize a complete set in each bag, right down to socks and underwear. In the morning in the dark I can grab a bag and go. I use a cat quiver with pack and it also fits into a large vacuum bag. It works very well for me.

Greg

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I use the vacuum bags all the time my clothes go into them right from the dryer. That way they pick up no strange scents while sitting around. I organize a complete set in each bag, right down to socks and underwear. In the morning in the dark I can grab a bag and go. I use a cat quiver with pack and it also fits into a large vacuum bag. It works very well for me.

Greg

What's a dyer? OH I remember the thing in the wash room. Been married 49 yrs. and only on 2nd dyer and that's because the 1st one had the door hotwired because the switch went bad. My daughter thought it wasn't safe. I told her just keep your hand out of it when it's running. Grandma bought a new one after 38 yrs.
Wife still hangs everything outside even when it below zero. She like the fresh smell. Cheap to.