Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Passing of a good friend.

Cliff DeStephens was known as tripleb, on The Refuge and Ohio Waterfowler. Cliff and I were friends for over 20 years and we shared all that life had to offer. Cliff was an endless supply of knowledge and was a great contributor to all that sought help with hunting, firearms, decoys, etc. We spent many hours hunting geese, a few hours hunting ducks and went on a groundhog safari or two in eastern Ohio.

His neighbors heard his labs barking...non-stop and went to see what was going on, as this was not normal for Cliff's dogs. Since there was no answer at the door, they called the police. When the police entered, they found Cliff dead of an apparent heart attack. His dogs sensed there was something wrong with their hunting buddy and kept barking until help arrived.

Cliff had help many on The Refuge: http://www.refugeforums.com/refuge/showthread.php?t=942075

He will definitely be missed! :smiley_depressive:
Bowhunter57

A great guy

I got a chance to hunt with him a few times

Him passing will leave a large void in the hunting family

I even offered to take or buy one of his dogs
But others had already spoken up

John

John

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Wow, always sad too hear stuff like this... Thoughts and prayers too his families, both immediate and extended.....

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Flat out crazy... I used to pick his brain a lot of OW. Def going to be a huge loss to the hunting community. Thoughts and prayers for his family and friends!

Full bore said:
How old was he?
I'm not certain, but I'm thinking early to mid 60s. About the time when you can slow down and enjoy all that you've worked for, all your life.

I had a co-worker retire last year, on June 29th, after putting in 30 years with the county. He was 61 and died while fishing in his boat, 11 days later. Unfortunately, I was in Colorado when it happened and I didn't get to attend his funeral.

I hear of this sort of thing happening all the time. A person retires and dies within the first year of their retirement. It sucks! :smiley_arrogant:

Bowhunter57

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Im truly sorry for your loss. I never had the opportunity to meet him either, but like some of the others, I learned quite a bit from his posts over the years on some of the waterfowling sites. RIP tripleb