Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cotty and Old Scout's 2013 Pics

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Here is Jagger in 2011
jagger4.jpg

Here is Jagger in 2012
jagger5.jpg

And here he is now for comparison.
Jagger6.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I need to start shooting my bow. Jagger needs to be in the hands of someone in the Cottis clan this year!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Nice haul Mike! How old is Yagger? Wonder if he's maxed out and going the other way in the antler dept. He's got a huge body TOO.

Last edited:

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Nice haul Mike! How old is Yagger? Wonder if he's maxed out and going the other way in the antler dept. He's got a huge body TOO.

He's at least 4, perhaps older. I think he has reached his max potential and will get an arrow or slug if given the chance. I truly hope one of my boys gets that chance, but I will not pass him up if he makes his first mistake in front of me. He's not huge, but he's be a trophy after the history we have with him.

On the flipside, I do not foresee myself spending too much time at this property this year unless something else shows up before the season starts. I've spent the better of the last two years there with the hopes of a new body wandering onto this property during the rut and it hasn't happened. I'll probably spend more time bouncing around between this property and the club property. Can't run a camera at the club though. That didn't end well last year.

Maybe our resident aging experts can chime in on how old he is?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Here is Jagger in 2011
View attachment 14247

Here is Jagger in 2012
View attachment 14248

And here he is now for comparison.
View attachment 14249

My guess is that he was 3.5 in 2011. With the skinny neck, it makes his rack look bigger than it really was. In 2012 as a 4 year old, he has that roundness to his chest and has fattened up around the neck and face even after the rut. This year he has squared out his body and filled in in front of his back legs. He is also developing a dewlap. IMO, he is also growing his best rack. My guess is it will be heavier than before with borderline split brows. It is time for him to die at the hands of the Cottis Clan!