Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Fawns Dropping?

Huckleberry Finn

I know a few wildlife photographers that would have gone nuts over that picture...that's beyond awesome! And, considering that's about 10 miles away, maybe there was a fawn that I missed!

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Saturday I had a hired man discing a field for beans. He jumped a fawn bedded in a plowed field with little cover. Later in the day I say a doe in the same area, it looked like she was searching for her fawn.

Ricer2231

Out doing a little weeding in the garden tonight and got a little company. Cute little buggers. Sorry about the pic quality, not very good photo light tonight.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371175175.460675.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371175211.207972.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371175227.075701.jpg

Gordo

Athens County
This little one decided to give up in the middle of the road and just lay down. It had to have just stood up for the first time, and didnt like the texture of the road.

My chick promptly jumped out of the truck and carried the little thing to safety. The mama watched the whole thing go down from no more then 40 yards away.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371177299.027327.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
This little one decided to give up in the middle of the road and just lay down. It had to have just stood up for the first time, and didnt like the texture of the road.

My chick promptly jumped out of the truck and carried the little thing to safety. The mama watched the whole thing go down from no more then 40 yards away.

View attachment 14182

Glad you guys came to the little buggers rescue Gordo, I'd have done the same.

Cool pics Don! They sure are cute.

themedic

OHIO
My dad watched a doe give birth today!!!!! she was just walking along, then hunched her back and dropped it right there in the filter strip, then she licked it clean and they stood up and walked off.

Ricer2231

My dad watched a doe give birth today!!!!! she was just walking along, then hunched her back and dropped it right there in the filter strip, then she licked it clean and they stood up and walked off.

That would be sooooooo cool to see. I have seen all kinds of farm animals give birth, being as I grew up on a farm, but never a doe.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good stuff Gordo and themedic! I love watching the little ones. The picture on the road makes it look pathetic but still cute. Poor thing looked all tuckered out.

Gordo

Athens County
Good stuff Gordo and themedic! I love watching the little ones. The picture on the road makes it look pathetic but still cute. Poor thing looked all tuckered out.

It was a cool experience. The circumstances that put us on that road at that time where odd. My fiancé had a tire go flat at work, so during lunch i swooped her up to take care of it. It was a great positive to a PITA situation. I was to busy re-directing traffic to be able to handle the little fawn with my own hands. Wish i could have as thats a rare situation.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Just now, I'm sitting at the kitchen table browsing on here when my phone pings. A pic of a doe getting ready to come out of the woods near our yard was sent from one of my mms cams. I stood up & stepped out into the screened in patio in time to see her & a fawn were cutting across out behind the shed. :)

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Nice Pic's Fellas!
Done some brush-hoggin' tonight. Got to see my first set of twins. They still had the wobbly legs.
I also got to see a buck that has to be the biggest I have ever seen this early! This thing is HUGE!