Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Proposed addition of 2 more gun hunting days..................

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
They are really crapping on the bowhunters. Assholes.

I might take some heat but I don't feel this way. We get around 4 months to bow hunt. I feel like they are crapping on ALL deer hunters. They are eliminating the resources for all of us. They know what they are doing and could care less what the hunters think.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Screw it. If ya can't beat them, join them. Lets just kill as many deer as we can. They obviously don't give two craps about it.

It's only gonna get worse. Eventually more people will see less deer & quit hunting. The sooner we can thin out fair weather hunters, the sooner we can have the woods to ourselves. In the meantime I'm done caring about it & I'm gonna start planning and saving money for more out of state hunts. Screw it.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
It's only gonna get worse. Eventually more people will see less deer & quit hunting.

I'm gonna start planning and saving money for more out of state hunts. Screw it.

Yep yep yep. I am with you. I couldn't make my trip last year but plan to hunt in Kentucky some next year. Ohio wants to bring in dollars but unfortunately they are bringing the dollars in from the farm and insurance companies instead of the hunters.

CritterGitterToo

Central Ohio
Land and farm values are going to go up fellas. Leasing values are going to go up. Money is driving the train.

Oh, and wildlife agencies across the country are getting a boom of funds thanks to the rush of gun and ammo sales. All that Pittman-Robertson money is loading the ODNR's pockets. Across the entire country it has been estimated at over $500 million. That's half a billion dollars!!! Ohio stands to get a big piece of that pie! What do you think they'll do with all that extra money? Things that make ya go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Land and farm values are going to go up fellas. Leasing values are going to go up. Money is driving the train.

Oh, and wildlife agencies across the country are getting a boom of funds thanks to the rush of gun and ammo sales. All that Pittman-Robertson money is loading the ODNR's pockets. Across the entire country it has been estimated at over $500 million. That's half a billion dollars!!! Ohio stands to get a big piece of that pie! What do you think they'll do with all that extra money? Things that make ya go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

A lot will go to salary raises and employee benefits. And what's left will water down to pending projects. First things first you know.

Lundy

The title of this thread is misleading.

They are NOT adding back in two days in January, they are adding only one day.

If you look at it from one view the number of days for gun hunting from the 2012 season to the new proposals, including this January change, for 2013, is one day net increase total for statewide firearms hunting.

If you were one of the hunters that participated in the early muzzleloader seasons on one of the 3 areas the new proposals result in a net reduction of one day total.

Lundy

So what happened to the data and analysis used for the initial proposals which included eliminating bonus gun???

What?

There was never an intent to eliminate the 2 day gun season as a means to reduce harvest, quite the opposite.

The stated intent was to increase harvest by implementing the early statewide MZ season in the place of the "bonus" gun, and to shift the harvest entirely to the baby makers.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
What?

There was never an intent to eliminate the 2 day gun season as a means to reduce harvest, quite the opposite.

The stated intent was to increase harvest by implementing the early statewide MZ season in the place of the "bonus" gun, and to shift the harvest entirely to the baby makers.

The deer will be an endangered species in ohio in no time.