Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Proposed addition of 2 more gun hunting days..................

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
Adjustments Proposed to Ohio Deer Hunting
Opportunities for 2013-2014 Season

COLUMBUS, OH – The Ohio Wildlife Council will consider white-tailed deer hunting proposals on Wednesday, May 15, according to the Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR). The following are adjustments to the proposals that were voted on and approved during the April 17 Ohio Wildlife Council meeting. These proposals address public input requesting an increase in recreational opportunities.
The Ohio Wildlife Council will consider rescheduling two days of deer-gun hunting on Jan. 3-4, 2014. Deer can be pursued with all legal hunting equipment, including shotgun, handgun, muzzleloader and bow from one half-hour before sunrise to one half-hour after sunset. The statewide muzzleloader season is Jan. 5-7, 2014.
“We are proposing to add a day to the existing muzzleloader season, for a total of five days of January gun hunting,” said ODNR Division of Wildlife Chief Scott Zody. “The first two days will be open to all legal firearms, while the last three days will be restricted to muzzleloaders.”
The Ohio Wildlife Council will also consider a proposal to adjust the bag limits in Hocking, Perry and Ross counties to four deer. The bag limit in these counties was initially proposed as three deer.
The council meeting will be held at the ODNR Division of Wildlife’s District One office, 1500 Dublin Road, Columbus, Ohio 43215. This meeting is open to the public and comments on the proposed rules will be accepted.
Individuals who want to provide comments to the council must preregister at least two days prior by calling 614-265-6304. The deadline to preregister will be 5 p.m. on Monday, May 13. All comments are required to be three minutes or less. Emailed or written comments will not be presented at this meeting, but will continue to be an important mechanism for input in regularly scheduled wildlife open houses.
ODNR ensures a balance between wise use and protection of our natural resources for the benefit of all. Visit the ODNR website at ohiodnr.gov.
- 30 -
For more information, contact:
Vicki Ervin, ODNR Division of Wildlife
614-265-6325
Matt Eiselstein, ODNR Office of Communications
614-265-6860

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
So now we have an early muzzleloader season and they want to add the 2 day "bonus gun" in January .........:smiley_chinrub:

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
No shock. Our DNR has been taken over by special interest who are he'll bent on destroying our deer population under the guise of better hunting. I tried to tell y'all that years ago. They're simply adding more opportunity to get more kills out of a decreased population to reduce it even further. I've screamed it for years until I was blue in the face and almost sued over it. I've come to the realization that people will wake the hell up only after it's far far too late. I hope y'all enjoyed the fun while it lasted. The fox is in the henhouse and has been for years.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Nationwide_Insurance97.jpg

cool vintage sign i thought was neat and wanted to share

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Wow don't think it's needed. If it's going to be at least there's a chance of cold nasty weather so less hunters will be in the field hunting.
But there's only a chance of bad weather.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
You know I used to try and cut the Dow some slack because they have a tough job trying to keep everyone happy but this just proves they are stuck on stupid.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I've been thinking about while mowing the lawn. I figure the DOW had this in mind all the time but couldn't do it all at one time. So in April they install the 2 special early ML days in October and eliminate the 2 Bonus gun days in December. Then later add the 2 Bonus all gun days to the late ML season.
So you have what we always had except 2 early ML days in October.
WTF.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I've been thinking about while mowing the lawn. I figure the DOW had this in mind all the time but couldn't do it all at one time. So in April they install the 2 special early ML days in October and eliminate the 2 Bonus gun days in December. Then later add the 2 Bonus all gun days to the late ML season.
WTF.

Yep. Good old FB got exactly what they paid for.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
WTF.

No, I think the early muzzy season is no longer in the proposal.