Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Turkey hunting incident

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Brimfield Ohio had a turkey hunter get shot in the face this morning.... They are in the process of turning it over too the DNR... More too follow when I find the article....

Ricer2231

Brimfield is east of Akron up in that area. Between Mogador and Kent. It's in Portage county, I believe. I just looked on google maps and that wouldn't be a real far stretch between the two. Maybe an hour at the most. The red pin is New Rumley Road near Jewett.

Last edited:

jeremy44230

Medina County
Maybe not the same guy, but my grandpa broke his leg this morning. He went to Akron General and was in there for a little bit and then all ER staff got prepped for a gun shot victim... Guy got shot turkey hunting! What a shame...

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Apparently a 47 year old Akron hunter saw movement and shot at it hitting the kid in the head.... From initial reports not life threatening and as of now labeled an accidental shooting.... Brimfield is just south of kent.... Off of interstate 76...

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Apparently a 47 year old Akron hunter saw movement and shot at it hitting the kid in the head.... From initial reports not life threatening and as of now labeled an accidental shooting.... Brimfield is just south of kent.... Off of interstate 76...

How fugging stupid do you have to be? Take his hunting rights away for awhile and then maybe he won't be so stupid next time.:tantrum:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
We need to stop accepting cases of "failure to identify your target" as being "accidental". It's not accidental it's woeful negligence. Those idiots should lose their license for a decade. IMO their is NO excuse for it.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
We need to stop accepting cases of "failure to identify your target" as being "accidental". It's not accidental it's woeful negligence. Those idiots should lose their license for a decade. IMO their is NO excuse for it.

Exactly.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio

Ditto....no excuse for it!!!

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
A few years ago we snuck in on a gobbler on roost. At fly down it came in and my buddy shot it. After the shot 2 guys stood up about 40 yards on the other side of the tree. None of us knew the others were there. I knew the other guys, we were 4 experienced hunters. Yes I could see how someone could have gotten hurt and it would have been difficult to find fault either way.

I

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
When I first got back from californication I worked with a guy and his brother in law shot a guy off of a log thinking he was a turkey.... Fuggin idiot stalked the poor guy listening too him calling....

Joe you're 100% right if they prove stupidity in the shooting hammer them.... Sam that too me would of been accidental... IMHO...

Ricer2231

A few years ago we snuck in on a gobbler on roost. At fly down it came in and my buddy shot it. After the shot 2 guys stood up about 40 yards on the other side of the tree. None of us knew the others were there. I knew the other guys, we were 4 experienced hunters. Yes I could see how someone could have gotten hurt and it would have been difficult to find fault either way.

I

I would consider your situation to be accidental TOO. The saddest part is a different scenario, the scenario where someone is calling and is snuck in on and shot. Such as "J"s scenario. Or the scenario where someone shoots at movement. Ya just hear too many examples of this "negligence".

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Calling something an accident doesn't mean there wasn't negligence involved. It just means there were unintended consequences.