Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bonus weekend

mrex

*Supporting member*
There is a reason I don't fight this anymore man. I'm not naming names but last winter I got a call from a lobbyist/lawyer. I was given two options. Lets just say they have more lawyers on retainer than could buy dinner for even once. Their hand has clearly been show to me. I was told I could go after the Dow all I wanted but blank company, blank company, and blank company, was to not be mentioned by name anymore.

And all this time I thought it was just you maturing.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
And all this time I thought it was just you maturing.

Does becoming a friends in high places kiss ass come after this so called maturity too? Maturity has nothing to do with mike, being pissed off that our DNR has been selling out hunters to fatten the wallets of insurance companies has everything to do with it.

Last edited:

mrex

*Supporting member*
Does becoming a friends in high places kiss ass come after this so called maturity too? Maturity has nothing to do with mike, being pissed off that our DNR has been selling out hunters to fatten the wallets of insurance companies has everything to do with it.

You told me on the phone a few months back that you were dropping your cyber crusade and adopting a "can't fight city hall" attitude. No mention of any phone calls from lobbyist or lawyers.

I don't get you Joe...in person, and on the phone, you're a polite and easy going young man.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
You told me on the phone a few months back that you were dropping your cyber crusade and adopting a "can't fight city hall" attitude. No mention of any phone calls from lobbyist or lawyers.

I don't get you Joe...in person, and on the phone, you're a polite and easy going young man.

Mike. Likewise.. You would never have made such a jab as you posted earlier about "maturity" either on the phone of to my face. I can go either way. I can be nicest guy you'll ever meet, or a royal prick. It's usually up to the other individual how i treat them.

As for our conversation a few months ago. I didn't have plans to make it public knowledge until I figured a few things out.. Do I really strike you as the guy whose ever thrown his hands up and said "Can't fight city hall"? Not my personality. When we spoke, I floated the idea of giving up to you. I'm a pretty good judge when someone knows something and isn't telling me. I wanted to see what you said. I also didn't quite know how they got my number.. I've since figured it out. With that being said I'm confident you didn't know a thing about it. As for city hall.. They still have a fight on their hands. I'm just biding my time.

Last edited:

mrex

*Supporting member*
Mike. Likewise.. You would never have made such a jab as you posted earlier about "maturity" either on the phone of to my face. I can go either way. I can be nicest guy you'll ever meet, or a royal prick. It's usually up to the other individual how i treat them.

As for our conversation a few months ago. I didn't have plans to make it public knowledge until I figured a few things out.. Do I really strike you as the guy whose ever thrown his hands up and said "Can't fight city hall"? Not my personality. When we spoke, I floated the idea of giving up to you. I'm a pretty good judge when someone knows something and isn't telling me. I wanted to see what you said. I also didn't quite know how they got my number.. I've since figured it out. With that being said I'm confident you didn't know a thing about it. As for city hall.. They still have a fight on their hands. I'm just biding my time.

Joe - That wasn't a jab and I'm sorry if you took it that way. I try to be the same person behind the key board that I am in person...an asshole all the time:smile:

As I've said many times, I used to share your sentiment towards the DOW when I was about your age...and then I got to know the guys making the calls and the tough spot that they're in and my opinion changed. You can call it ass kissing...I call it waking up. IMO, these recent events are proof positive that the DNR is not in anybodies pocket. Lets table this discussion for the campfire at Strouds this fall.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Joe - That wasn't a jab and I'm sorry if you took it that way. I try to be the same person behind the key board that I am in person...an asshole all the time:smile:

As I've said many times, I used to share your sentiment towards the DOW when I was about your age...and then I got to know the guys making the calls and the tough spot that they're in and my opinion changed. You can call it ass kissing...I call it waking up. IMO, these recent events are proof positive that the DNR is not in anybodies pocket. Lets table this discussion for the campfire at Strouds this fall.

I guess that's the difference Mike. I don't care how nice of a guy they are, or how tough of a spot they are in. They said yes to the position and I expect accountability. Whose butt sits in the chair has nothing to do with it. They could be the nicest guy in the world, if they're screwing up, don't expect me not to say something. I am absolutely sure being the head biologist at the DNR is an extremely tough position. Balancing all sides has to be a very difficult job. But do you know what, that's his job, And if someone can't handle it McDonald's is always hiring managers. In other words, just because it sucks, and it's hard, is not an excuse. That's the funny thing about special-interest Mike, they only care about their issue and could give two shits what else you have to deal with. Again. Hazard of the job.