Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Waterfowl pics

JPN

coshocton
Here's some of my favorite pics I've gotten lately. There are hundreds of ducks and geese on the pond everyday. I wish season was still in lol

I thought this goose pic was awesome

Woodies

I think this is a hybrid mallard but not sure...

Mallard

Widgeon

Green wing teal

Not sure what this is lol. Anyone know?

And last but not least. My absolute favorite! Pintail!!!!!!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Man those are some great pics! I would have never thought about setting up a trail cam in that kind of position. Good thinking!

And I think Derek is right... hen bluebill and definitely a mallard/black duck hybrid... and a nice one at that!

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
WOW Im JEALOUS!!!! Def an awesome array of birds. Wish I could see that many species in a season. LOVE the hybrid pic! Still trying to getting a penny on the wall also. May have to start traveling to eastern ohio to catch up with a few of these birds lol!!!

JPN

coshocton
Black duck/Mallard hybrid. At first I thought it was a brewers duck (mallard/Gadwall), but the back feathers are a dead giveway for mallard/black.

Thanks. He was with other black ducks in quite a few pics so that's what I was thinking but wasn't sure

JPN

coshocton
Awesome stuff Justin! Do you hunt this pond?

Yea this is where I do most of my hunting at. It's a great spot and only about 100 yards from my house. Dad and I just put out 4 wood duck boxes today and are hoping to have a few blinds built by this fall