Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Wish List of "haves" Before Next Fall

themedic

OHIO
This is a spin off of CJD3's post about wishing it was fall. My title is how I read his and my mind starting racing with all the things I would like to have before next fall. I have a pretty big wish list. Whats everyone want or need before next fall?

Here is mine:

A bigger truck-I currently drive a access cab 4x4 Toyota tacoma it is always to small. Cramming 4 people in there is a chore. Also I broke a leaf spring from hauling to big of a load. I like the Chevy Silverado 2500 HD 4wd, qaud cab and in WHITE.

New Main Jacket- I have used a military gortex parka for the last 10 years as my main outer wear. The zipper is all jacked up and I would like to get a new one. I would like to get a Sitka gortex, not sure which one...... their product line confuses the hell out of me.

Muddy Tree Stand package- I want to replace my lonewolf alpha and sticks with a Muddy Pro Hunter and three 32" muddy sticks.

Lots of food plots or varying late season foods- my food plots a decimated! The deer are hungry and not on my property. Next year I would like to have a standing food source remaining in March. The food plot seed is not all that expensive....its the damn fertilizer!

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
New tree stand: I'm forking out the money for a Lone Wolf Climber. If I can't get one used then I "Know a Guy" who I'll buy a new one from. I'm on the fence about which one to get though. The Climber II is light, but doesn't have the sit and stand bar. With several degenerated disk, a herniated disk, and arthritis in that herniated disk I need a climber that I can sit and stand vise using my abs and hips.

Another pair of quality hunting pants. I'm on the fence between another pair of Sitka Ascent pants or Predators High Adrenaline. The Sitka pants are a bit more in cost and have more features, but predators pants are in a pattern I like. We'll see how that one goes.

Aside from that I'm GOOD!

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Fleece predator pants and maybe another bow:D..got on to build also...need to get in that..need 2 more ladder stix from hicks and 2 more stands.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Another hunting property. I just found out this week my friend-neighbor sold his property next door with the landing strip I hunted. Bummer is I also lost the baling the free grass hay off the 1/2 mile strip too. That's about 25 large round bales.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
New camo's...or loose some weight so I can fit back into my good older ones.
And maybe another Bushnell trail cam.

themedic

OHIO
Another hunting property. I just found out this week my friend-neighbor sold his property next door with the landing strip I hunted. Bummer is I also lost the baling the free grass hay off the 1/2 mile strip too. That's about 25 large round bales.

More property! Never thought of that but that's ALWAYS.

Ohh yeah I need a cameras arm TOO

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Now that my bow is done, I really don't have much I need other than food plots supplies. I also plan to purchase a set midweight wind proof fleece. I've been buying stuff like mad for close to a decade, so I'm pretty well equipped. My thought process was buy what I can before the kid arrives and it worked out pretty well!

Now my waterfowling list is a whole different story!!!

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I think I'm all set. More property would be the only thing I could really use.

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
More property is always a given, would like to get a couple more ground blinds (don't know how well I will be able to climb stands when season rolls around with the hips) , and I'm seriously looking into getting a side by side. Some new camo would be nice but I can live with what I have if need be

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I would really like to pick up a Muddy Bloodsport treestand. As much as I love my Millennium M100, I think the Muddy would be a better run-and-gun stand. The rope cams are slicker than snot for hanging a stand, and they're quiet as a mouse. The M100 definitely has its place... but I REALLY want a Bloodsport to add to the arsenal. Oh, and I plan on swapping out the cinch straps on my LW sticks for ropes too.

Monster Raxx

Minnesota
Since I sold my bow I need a new one bad and everything that goes with it
Some camo and boots
I want to try a Muddy stand this year
Trail cameras
Slug gun for my daughter
I am thinking about getting a DSLR camera for second angle video and better Hero Shots
Out of state tags :)

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Additional ground is never ending "wish list" material. What I need more than anything is time. I need to find time to shoot more. I need to find time to make some improvements on my property which will not cost much but require time.

In regards to purchases, I only foresee purchasing some additional gear for my son. Fortunately, I bought him a harness at the Expo today which should last him several years. The one he was wearing last year just didn't fit real well.

I also need to find time to hang more stands. I have a couple extra double stands ordered on my Rivers Edge order this year specifically for Garrett and I to hunt out of together. I would really like to hang some single sets in the next few weeks. I think now is the time to do so while their travel patterns are so glaringly obvious due to snow and mud.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
A new pair of rubber boots. Not sure I'm gonna spend a bunch on a good pair of rubbers, as I destroy them anyway. Might just go buy a cheap green pair a TSC.

New broadheads. Probably gonna pick up some Stinger Buzzcuts.

I'd also like to have a new piece of ground to hunt this fall.

Not much on my list. I have most of what I need already.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Here is mine:

A bigger truck-I currently drive a access cab 4x4 Toyota tacoma it is always to small. Cramming 4 people in there is a chore. Also I broke a leaf spring from hauling to big of a load. I like the Chevy Silverado 2500 HD 4wd, qaud cab and in WHITE.

When I was in your shoes I looked at all the different options, sat 'em all at the car show, came down to 2 - test drove F-150 and Toyota Tundra. Settled on the Tundra double-cab (not crew) with vinyl seats and rubber floors, basic contractor/work truck option. Saved big $$ and easy to clean. I would give that a look if you haven't.

My fall wish list? I'm maybe...maybe...considering a new xbow. But I doubt it. Think I'm good.

themedic

OHIO
Since I sold my bow I need a new one bad and everything that goes with it
Some camo and boots
I want to try a Muddy stand this year
Trail cameras
Slug gun for my daughter
I am thinking about getting a DSLR camera for second angle video and better Hero Shots
Out of state tags :)

Good call Tom, I need a Go Pro Hero 3........list list just keeps growing!
Please stop responding to this post everyone!!!!!!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Need to get a lighter climber. Maybe a LW sit climber and not the hand climber. Not so sure with colder temps my back wouldn't lock up and give me problems trying to climb with the hand climber.

Like to get an in-line muzzy as well. Never owned a muzzy and always wanted one but just never pulled the trigger to get one.

Would like another trail cam as well. Something like the SP7-BF with the sound would be cool.

With the few things on my wish list and what I end up getting is 2 different stories lol. Knowing me, I will probably end up getting nothing before fall rolls around. I really don't NEED anything more then I have already. Set to go and ready for fall to get here so I can hit the woods.