Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

good and bad news

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
Well tomorrow I go to the Dr. for my 8 week check up on my hip replacement , the good news is that everything is going really good with it and he should lift my restrictions for it, the hip itself feels great, no pain in it at all just a little pain in the incision area going across my arse from the scar tissue. The bad news is that my right hip is really starting to bother me now, the Dr said not to be surprised if it did because it is full of arthritis too and compensating for the replacement on the left side while it was healing would probably cause it to start. So tomorrow I expect good news and bad news both, one hip is healing nicely while the other is going south quick! At least if I have to have my right one replaced soon I have already met all my deductibles for my insurance for the year and will still be healed up for bow opener! I will let everyone know tomorrow what the verdict is after my appointment

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sounds like you have a good attitude about it. Probably why you seem to be doing so well on the recovery. Good luck Tad!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Tad here's hoping its just temporary and no more surgeries needed... Really like your attitude about the whole thing though... That really helps in the long run...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I sure hope you don't have to go through this again Tad! Keep us posted!!!

My old boss has had both knees and hips done. Started with one knee and that essentially caused all the issues. Poor guy walks like you shoved a shovel up his ass...

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
Well I'm back from the Dr. and have mixed results, my left hip is doing really good and I should be back to work in 4 weeks, the down side is I'm only going to be back for 3 to 4 weeks and then I'm going to have to have my right hip replaced! The Dr said if it is starting to bother me then it is up to me when to have it replaced but the longer I wait the worse it will bother me before surgery. He looked at the x-rays and agreed that it is in need of replacement also and said he would do it whenever I decided, me and the wife have talked it over and it seems to us to have it done sooner than later, I don't want to get to the point I was at with my other hip and not be able to do anything so its going to happen probably very soon