Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Turkey Season Countdown!

Huckleberry Finn

43 days!

I'm fired up for this turkey season!

I'm planning on doing some scouting between now and the opening morning, but I've already got a flock patterned historically and the winter flock numbers have been really good.

I'm planning on picking up a Keystone Wedge. I'm debating buying a new turkey vest as well.

Opening morning I'm hoping to have ole Hoyt finish our 3 year journey (with a year off lol) and pop a big gobbler first thing. I've got two great farms to hunt and a few others I'll hop to as well. I've also been invited to hunt with another TOO member so hopefully that will work out schedule wise.

I can't wait to hear some gobbles off the roost.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I was out shed hunting/scouting earlier and found about I need for opening day. This will be my third season of taking it serious and last year was a great learning year. I expect to kill one early this season...

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I've got my Michigan Permit again. Third year on my parents farm will be a charm.

1hornwilly

*Supporting Member III*
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363012822.372702.jpg

Saw this on my way into the ranch this morning. It's on!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Dang Willy! If that won't get someone fired up to turkey hunt then nothing will. Good luck buddy!

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
My boss saw a group of turkeys yesterday in the Maumee Forest and there were strutters!

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Been seeing a bunch round here . . They are still in flocks tho . I will start scouting more when they break up some .

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I saw a lone gobbler cruising yesterday afternoon around 2 oclock. His head was about as red as red can be. Had about a 9" beard on him. Won't be long now, boys!