Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cabela's today Grand Opening!

Flatlander

Darby Creek
I thought I had was getting lucky because I took the day off for my wife having a small surgery at 10 am this morning. The surgery was being done right down the road from the new Cabela's and the doors were opening at 11:00. She said it would only take 30 minutes so in the back of my mind I was thinking, this could time out just right! All was going according to plan and we got out of the medical facility at 11:15.....perfect. That is until we crossed the bridge over I-71 and I looked down and was stunned at the traffic jam on the freeway, I'm talking miles long backup! I thought, hey I beat all that freeway traffic because we were already at Polaris parkway so I proceeded to Cabela's. Before I got to the parking lot I saw people parking a mile away and walking or running toward the store! I got a little closer and saw cops directing traffic and helping the mobs cross the street. That was the end of my excitment, I made a U turn and headed for home. There will be better days to spend my money. I hope some of you who braved the massive crowd can tell me all about what I missed.

My question is....how in the hell was it soooo busy at 11:00 on a weekday? Does anybody have a job? LOL

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I thought I had was getting lucky because I took the day off for my wife having a small surgery at 10 am this morning. The surgery was being done right down the road from the new Cabela's and the doors were opening at 11:00. She said it would only take 30 minutes so in the back of my mind I was thinking, this could time out just right! All was going according to plan and we got out of the medical facility at 11:15.....perfect. That is until we crossed the bridge over I-71 and I looked down and was stunned at the traffic jam on the freeway, I'm talking miles long backup! I thought, hey I beat all that freeway traffic because we were already at Polaris parkway so I proceeded to Cabela's. Before I got to the parking lot I saw people parking a mile away and walking or running toward the store! I got a little closer and saw cops directing traffic and helping the mobs cross the street. That was the end of my excitment, I made a U turn and headed for home. There will be better days to spend my money. I hope some of you who braved the massive crowd can tell me all about what I missed.

My question is....how in the hell was it soooo busy at 11:00 on a weekday? Does anybody have a job? LOL

Early lunch breaks maybe? :smiley_chinrub:

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind

Who needs a job.... aint nobody got time for dat! We got Obama phones!

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Our parts-runner drove by there just after 9:00 am. He said the line was already through the parking lot and completely around the store.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
They had plenty of .223, 9mm or anything else yesterday but there was a three box limit. Well and inflated prices, not hateful.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I missed out on it the first day because i spent my time mostly in the reloading isles but I did see many with bricks of .22lr walking around.

Huckleberry Finn

But did they have bricks of .22lr?

Some brand I have never ever, ever heard of for like $32/550. I held the box, set it down, and let the next guy take the last box on Wednesday night.

They did have some of the green ammo cases of federal .22 - would have gotten one but those were all gone and no clue what the prices were.

Hi-Cap pistol / .22 clips were gone by Wed evening as well.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Some brand I have never ever, ever heard of for like $32/550. I held the box, set it down, and let the next guy take the last box on Wednesday night.

They did have some of the green ammo cases of federal .22 - would have gotten one but those were all gone and no clue what the prices were.

Hi-Cap pistol / .22 clips were gone by Wed evening as well.

They restocked the magazines b/c there were plenty of standard capacity magazines when Beentown and I were wandering around on wednesday. The prices weren't all that bad, I picked up a 250 rd box of .45 for $109, not bad but not jaw dropping amazing.

I read elsewhere that they had kept stock back from other stores so that they could be fairly well stocked for the opening here. It would be a public relations nightmare to open a store with shelves as bare of stock as most firearms stores are currently.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
The new Gander Mountain store had plenty of ammo. Gold prices but they had plenty.

Just enjoyed having site to store shipping. Cabelas had Berry's HP bullets for $28 per 250. Score!

Scarlet&Gray

S.E. Ohio

It was packed because there was an early announcement/rumor that Duck Dynasty might be there. I think Michael Waddell and some other celebrities were going to be there through several days.

http://www.cabelas.com/browse.cmd?categoryId=238715280