Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Here They Are: 2013-2014 Season Proposals

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I'm sure you all have read the justification issued by the ODNR for the proposed changes.

They stated they were replacing the 2 day gun season with the 2 day early MZ because the "bonus" 2 day had lost some appeal and resulted in a reduced harvest.:)

I can't find anywhere the part about wanting to reduce the harvest:) The ODNR sure hopes that harvest increases, that is clear

I found it amazing how much hunter buy in they got for this season change. 63% of all hunters and 43% of achery only hunters? Are these the low information voters?:)

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=S5XUPmzN71s=&tabid=24075

Again. You seem to be very willing to swallow whatever print the dnr puts on paper. Have you ever considered you may be wrong? Im not throwing anyone under the bus but i've personally know for three months this was on the way. You just read the press release. Removing bonus gun and placing a early muzz season kills three birds with one stone. 1..It throws a bone to FB. 2. It removes bonus shotgun gun like some people have been wanting. And 3. You gun only hunters cant bitch about loss if days. They wrapped it up to make FB happy, the gun hunters happy, and the "reduce the kill guys" happy that are are smart enough to figure out they reduced olertunity. If you believe print, then I bet you believed the whole squirrel excuse they gave also a few years back.

About he survey results. As I said earlier it's a loaded question and yes they are uninformed about the population as a whole. The question was very simply "would you support an early October muzzleloader season". But here is the real problem. The dnr knew what the answer would be before they asked it. You could ask hunters if they wanted a month long rifle season and they would say yes. The question was asked to just add another feather in the hat of justification and make the people who complain think they're the minority in their thoughts.

If you haven't learned by now that the dnr operates with smoke and mirrors I don't know what to tell you.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I just want to point out that a neighboring state WV implemented this "Early Muzzle Doe season" Last fall. Take a look at thier kill numbers. They were DOWN. It's not a numbers thing. An early muzzle season will do nothing. I'm not sure what the point to the early muzzle season is? If anyone truely knows please enlighten me.

Just wanted to make sure this was seen as its the last post on the previous page.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I just want to point out that a neighboring state WV implemented this "Early Muzzle Doe season" Last fall. Take a look at thier kill numbers. They were DOWN. It's not a numbers thing. An early muzzle season will do nothing. I'm not sure what the point to the early muzzle season is? If anyone truely knows please enlighten me.

While I cannot speak for the ODNR, I can speculate. There was a request from the farm bureau. Maybe a "strong suggestion" is better wording. Is this the reason why it was implemented? Once again, I can only speculate.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
While I cannot speak for the ODNR, I can speculate. There was a request from the farm bureau. Maybe a "strong suggestion" is better wording. Is this the reason why it was implemented? Once again, I can only speculate.

You are correct. It was a request to the odnr from the fb. We have the paper where they requested it. However, the fb wanted it in addition to the seasons already in place and didn't mention it being antlerless only.

Lundy

I was thinking more along the lines of attorney.

He is not already a personal injury lawyer?:)

I thought I saw an add of his on TV, ......If you have killed a doe with the uterine mesh implant call 1 800 GET ODNR.

Except is sounds like he has already setteled out of court:D

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
He is not already a personal injury lawyer?:)

I thought I saw an add of his on TV, ......If you have killed a doe with the uterine mesh implant call 1 800 GET ODNR.

Except is sounds like he has already setteled out of court:D

I'll fight to get you the deer that you deserve. lmao.

As for settling. Nah. We will be at it for years at his rate.