Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Here They Are: 2013-2014 Season Proposals

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
They took Hardin from being a 2 either sex 2 antlerless.... to a 3 either..... 1 anterless.... all that tells me is they think we have too many deer in our herd or at least "enough". Still shaking my head on that one.

Phil... what are your thoughts about that for Allen?

It's just about money.. Same number of deer can be killed overall. 15+15+24+24= $78... Now it's 24+24+24+15= $87.. They just took one antlerless and added it to the either sex meaning it costs more and can be used all season.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
You mean like "deer numbers are down because vehicle killed squirrels are down too" bizzaro.. They have been illogical for years man.
i know but man thats the goofiest statement i have seen. they have no data anywhere to back that shit up...at least they could count dead squirrelslmao

Milo

Tatonka guide.
It's just about money.. Same number of deer can be killed overall. 15+15+24+24= $78... Now it's 24+24+24+15= $87.. They just took one antlerless and added it to the either sex meaning it costs more and can be used all season.

and all they really had to do is make the 15 dollar tag go to the end of he year..

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

"""Justification for reduction in bag limits: Less than 1% of successful hunters kill more than 4
deer."""

Told yall... Bag limit reduction has little impact on their agenda. How is that a "justification".. All that says is "Calm down wildlife counsel, we're good, it doesn't matter in the scope of things.. But it'll make them think we gave in some. wink wink""

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
and all they really had to do is make the 15 dollar tag go to the end of he year..

But that would apply to every county if they did that.. They just want that tag to be available for longer in that county.. Maybe in that county people didn't shoot enough of the 15 dollar tags in early season, but they "tagged out" in later season.. A DNR that wants more deer killed will eliminate the early season tag and add another all season tag.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
the maps still look like the "zones" to me doesnt look like they did any changes in it like they said.

12-9-11

This is true... However we must be watchful that a reduction is tags is enough to regrow the population VS hold it steady... It's not going to do much good to reduce the tags to a levet that simply maintains the low level... The lower the deer numbers the less harvests are needed to maintain them.... We must caution that when they finally do back off that they don't sell us a hill of beans like they're doing us a favor. .

Milo

Tatonka guide.
That's bullshit! This will cause even more rule breaking. When that 180" buck walks by and a guy can't shoot it with a bow in hand, all kinds of shady stuff will be going down.

hell just tag it in on monday...thats whats up with telecheck..they will never know..matter of fact you could tag it in any time and they would never know. I would never condone such action but its the reality of the situation. whats to stop you from calling in your tag any day for that matter and killing a deer when you want, take it home cut it up and put it in the freezer.. gonna be tough to catch thats for sure.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County

Yeah but now you have 3 tags that gun hunters can use during gun week instead of 2. The two anterless always expired before gun season.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
That's bullshit! This will cause even more rule breaking. When that 180" buck walks by and a guy can't shoot it with a bow in hand, all kinds of shady stuff will be going down.

And when they surveyed those bowhunters and 46% agreed to an early muzzy season for antlerless only.... The question didn't tell them they can't shoot a buck with a bow that weekend.. lmao FUCKED!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Yeah but now you have 3 tags that gun hunters can use during gun week instead of 2. The two anterless always expired before gun season.

They just want that tag to be available for longer in that county.. Maybe in that county people didn't shoot enough of the 15 dollar tags in early season, but they "tagged out" in later season.. A DNR that wants more deer killed will eliminate the early season tag and add another all season tag.

;) ..

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Lets get a pool together to see how long before Rex shows back up (Last post Dec 17) ... lmao.. I have dibbs on 6:30 pm today..

Last edited:

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
I find it hard too believe they did that..... Really a 4 deer harvest in Mahoning county????? WTF are they thinking??? Granted in the urban zones of the county that would probably help out but the rest of the county doesn't need it.... What's your oppinion of your area Sam with a 4 deer limit?

Well are there parts of the county that need it? Yes. Lots of deer in Egypt and Mill Creek bottoms, but then there are parts like mine where I haven't seen a deer in several months and I'm back to being excited by seeing a track. The big change IMO is that now another doe can be taken in gun/ML season.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
hell just tag it in on monday...thats whats up with telecheck..they will never know..matter of fact you could tag it in any time and they would never know. I would never condone such action but its the reality of the situation. whats to stop you from calling in your tag any day for that matter and killing a deer when you want, take it home cut it up and put it in the freezer.. gonna be tough to catch thats for sure.

I won't be able to keep my mouth shut long enough! I'll have to post hero shots. LMAO!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well are there parts of the county that need it? Yes. Lots of deer in Egypt and Mill Creek bottoms, but then there are parts like mine where I haven't seen a deer in several months and I'm back to being excited by seeing a track. The big change IMO is that now another doe can be taken in gun/ML season.

Peace Valley in T-shirts carrying a muzzy..... :smiley_clap: