Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

fur buyer

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Couldn;t find a list. Closest I could find

Ed Molnar

9191 Leavitt Rd

Elyria, OH 44035-4211

(440) 986-3366

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Joe, Look up NAFA Dealer and send your furs to Canada. You will wait on the money, but you will get A LOT more that from a local buyer. Trust me on this one! It's scary to see your furs drive off, but very well worth it!

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I went to this Auction. It's not far from my house. I stopped the Auction and took all my furs off the table. They were paying descent money before lunch and when they came back, it was like they were trying to make-up for all the money they had spent earlier. A few others left with me that day. Do as you want, but you cannot do better than the Big Auctions in Canada. I'm assuming your furs are skinned, stretched and dried. I hate to see you do all the work and someone else get the money.

Diablo54

Outside
Joe, Look up NAFA Dealer and send your furs to Canada. You will wait on the money, but you will get A LOT more that from a local buyer. Trust me on this one! It's scary to see your furs drive off, but very well worth it!

I disagree Ric

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Here is what I did: I took my furs to the local buyer and had them graded and tally the price. I declined around 725.00 for the particular batch of fur. I sent it off to the auction and received just shy of 1200.00 for the same furs. This was several years ago, so maybe it has all changed. I do know there is more money to be made than from local buyers. And after I seen what went on in Zanesville that day, I would throw them out first.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Odds are the local buyer is going to send them to NAFA anyway. Might as well cut him out. There used to be fur buyers all over, not so much anymore.

oakswamper

around Toledo
Talked to a buddy that sent his coon to NAFA. coon auction was a couple days ago he had a $31 avg and $12.59 on rats. Now I wish I would have sent my few in lol. Beaver, fox and yote today

Joe79

well its all over, today was the last day to trap! i wasnt going to trap this year cause of a late start (first week in jan.) was just going to get ready for next year,but the more i got interested i just couldnt wait!!
joined osta and met some really nice people, learned an awful lot and had to much fun! ended up with 48 coon and a few grinners. droping my fur off for fur harvester in about a week. cant wait till next year!!