Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

3rd Annual TOO Archery Shoot - July 26-27-28

I will be attending this event.

• Yes

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I'm a waffle.

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
As we put together plans for get togethers, I thought I'd start a thread about the summer archery shoot forthis year. The one at Crooked Run last year was a blast and was curious if we were doing the same place. Any tenative date? I'd like to gets omething marked down because of it being summer it's a busy time with the kids and baseball games.

I can't remember what weekend we did last year.

THIS IS HAPPENING JULY 26-27-28!!!

Google Earth Coordinates for Campground: 40.284993,-82.023969

Woodbury Wildlife Area Map

Directions from Cincinnati

Directions from Cleveland

Woodbury allows access to Class A, C, and D shooting ranges.
A = Supervised Rifle and Pistol Target Range
C = Unsupervised Clay Target Shotgun Range
D = Unsupervised Archery Target Range

If you plan to shoot rifles, you will need a range permit available through the DNR. One day passes are available for $5. For more information, contact the range directly. Woodbury Shooting Range, 23371 S.R. 60 S., Warsaw - (740) 824-3211

Each party - i.e. all attendees and TheOhioOutdoors.com, comprised of Joe Wilson, Jesse Roush, the members, representatives, and affiliates of TheOhioOutdoors.com - shall be responsible for its own liability arising from its attendance and involvement in this function. WE ARE NOT responsible for any accidents, injuries, or deaths. You are attending this event by your own free will and agree to indemnify and hold harmless TheOhioOutdoors.com for any claim, demand, cost, liability, loss, or damage suffered as a result of attending this function.

Last edited by a moderator:

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I will surely attend pending the date. The weekend of May the 19th is my, my wifes b-day and anniversary weekend so that would be out.

Also, I would like some to join me for the shoots at Cardinal this year. IBO qualifier, Triple Crown and another that I plan to attend.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Marcus has extended an invite for us to have turkey camp at his place, but we need to pick a date for that. My initial thoughts are to hold it May 3-4-5 or the 10-11-12. If we have it the 10-11-12, we can hunt all day. I'm all in on that and figure we could do that combined with a shoot, a possible mid/late summer shoot somewhere, and the hunt at Strouds

I will start a separate thread for the turkey hunt since that is a go for sure...

Mao

Coshocton, OH
Yep. Everything is good to go. We just need to pick a date. Tons of public around here to hunt. My cousin and I both have a lot of private ground at our disposal so he and I can take a couple guys out with us. We will have a much smaller scale bow shoot with just the TOO group that attends. I look forward to this so I can relax and hang out the whole time this year.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Won't be able to make the turkey hunt, but I will definitely be in on the shoot, if I am off that weekend. Other than the rain, it was a great time!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I think last year's shoot was on or around July 28. I only remember that because I planned to attend as it was the weekend after we returned from our MI fishing trip.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Don't let me interfere with progress but July is usually vacation time for us. Hasn't been planned because of the baby coming.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Heck of a good time, that's for sure. BTW, Ron can you forward me your Lousisana marinade recipe? Thanks.

Scott, don't know if you meant me but if you were talking about the hot sauce I made for the chicken thighs at the shoot, here it is:

One large bottle of Franks Red Hot( pour into large bowl and add:)

1/2 bottle of your favorite flavor of liquid smoke
1/2 to 3/4 cup of LaChoys reduced sodium soy sauce
Sprinkle in about a teaspoon of garlic powder
Sprinkle in about a teaspoon of ground black pepper
3-4 good squirts of Frenches yellow mustard

Whisk it real good and taste. Add soy to sweeten it or mustard to spice it.
If you like alittle more kick, feel free to add some ground cayanne pepper.

These measurements are actually in my head and I just add them together and taste and add till I like what I got. Lol

Save your FRH bottle and refill it for later use. It's nice to have 2-3 bottles in fridge of different heat flavors.

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Is the shoot gonna be at the same time as the turkey hunt? Please say no. Please say no. Please say no.

We can do a summer thing, but we should probably pick another location. Don't want to become permanent residents at Marcus's place!!! lmao

What if we did Woodbury again? That seemed to work great with fishing, trap, 3D range, etc. and if we want to go shoot at Marcus's, we are 15 minutes away. I'm all down for the last weekend in July also if that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.