Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Eastern Ohio Hunting and Fishing Expo

Mao

Coshocton, OH
I plan to be there. A buddy of mine is actually running it. Sounds way better than deerassic because they are giving all the prizes away and its not based on a lottery type system. Your odds are way better to win at this one.

meek2035

When I looked up their information on their website it said all drawings were drawn lottery style. If they are not doing this, can you tell me how they are drawing the prizes? Also, Deerassic gives away every prize every year - Mao, why would you make it sound like they don't. Thanks,

Mao

Coshocton, OH
When I looked up their information on their website it said all drawings were drawn lottery style. If they are not doing this, can you tell me how they are drawing the prizes? Also, Deerassic gives away every prize every year - Mao, why would you make it sound like they don't. Thanks,

I talked to the guy running it. Unless he is lying to me, he said all prizes will be given away. Unless I am wrong, which I could be, but I am pretty sure Deerassic uses a lottery type system that if noone has a certain number that is drawn, noone gets that prize. Is that not correct?

meek2035

I talked to the guy running it. Unless he is lying to me, he said all prizes will be given away. Unless I am wrong, which I could be, but I am pretty sure Deerassic uses a lottery type system that if noone has a certain number that is drawn, noone gets that prize. Is that not correct?

Unfortunately, you have your facts wrong about Deerassic. You are correct that it is done lottery style for 0000-9999. EVERY SINGLE NUMBER FROM 0000-99999 is in a ticket holder's name and every prize has been given away. So there is never a number that doesnt have a name assigned to it. I am the General Manager of Deerassic and if you have any questions about the Classic before you make statements on how you think we do things and post them please call me at the office at (EDIT: REMOVED)and ask for Mark.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Unfortunately, you have your facts wrong about Deerassic. You are correct that it is done lottery style for 0000-9999. EVERY SINGLE NUMBER FROM 0000-99999 is in a ticket holder's name and every prize has been given away. So there is never a number that doesnt have a name assigned to it. I am the General Manager of Deerassic and if you have any questions about the Classic before you make statements on how you think we do things and post them please call me at the office at (EDIT: REMOVED) and ask for Mark.

Well Mr general manager Mark thank for your reply. Now that you have so brashly cleared that up; might i offer a suggestion for the remainder of your stay. How about when my member clearly states "I believe but I could be wrong" you try a little tact before jumping down their throats. Another novel idea would be a thing called marketing. You know. The tactic where you make members aware and informed of your product while portraying a welcoming persona. Both sort of goes hand in hand with a thing called professionalism.

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Well Mr general manager Mark thank for your reply. Now that you have so brashly cleared that up; might i offer a suggestion for the remainder of your stay. How about when my member clearly states "I believe but I could be wrong" you try a little tact before jumping down their throats. Another novel idea would be a thing called marketing. You know. The tactic where you make members aware and informed of your product while portraying a welcoming persona. Both sort of goes hand in hand with a thing called professionalism.

keep-ye-pimp-hand-strong-l1.jpg

Mao

Coshocton, OH
Unfortunately, you have your facts wrong about Deerassic. You are correct that it is done lottery style for 0000-9999. EVERY SINGLE NUMBER FROM 0000-99999 is in a ticket holder's name and every prize has been given away. So there is never a number that doesnt have a name assigned to it. I am the General Manager of Deerassic and if you have any questions about the Classic before you make statements on how you think we do things and post them please call me at the office at 740-435-3335 and ask for Mark.

So tickets are numbered from 0-9,999. That means everytime a prize is drawn you have a one in ten thousand chance to win that prize. Outstanding odds.....lol.....Especially when you have to pay $100 to play. Did you not see where I cleary stated "Unless I am wrong, which I could be" in the post? Your public relations need a little polishing. I also can post whatever I want on here about deerassic without contacting you first. I can even start a thread and get lots of members and outdoorsman to see how you handle your operation being questioned at all or if someone is confused about how you do things. You might want to try to create a positive image around here rather than the one you are protraying now. Otherwise you are going to turn away lots of guys that have or would likely show up at your event.

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Wonder if the opinion that its largely an overpriced industry circle jerk and booze fest is out of line? lmao

*Disclaimer: I didn't run this past Mark first, so I'm probably wrong.*

JPN

coshocton
Wonder if the opinion that its largely an overpriced industry circle jerk and booze fest is out of line? lmao

*Disclaimer: I didn't run this past Mark first, so I'm probably wrong.*

You better check with mark but I believe that is correct lol

Last edited:
Kinda sucks that meek2035 baited Mao a bit before revealing he was the man behind the curtain there at Deerassic. Heck we all make mistakes and it's easy to believe what we hear, it's up to those in the positions they are paid to be in to educate and not slam people for not knowing specific details like that!!

meek2035

Well everyone can have your opinions about Deerassic, but I encourage everyone to come check out what we do down here at Deerassic throughout the year. This weekend we are hosting a NRA Banquet if you want to come down. Also coming up is our Spring Fling and Fishing Days for the youth and their families for free because of the money raised at the Classic. Last year we had over 5,000 kids come out and get a chance to experience the outdoors (fishing, shooting, hiking, etc). The Classic has 20,000 great followers and if you are reading this I want to say "Thank You" for supporting us. I'm not posting anymore on these forums, but if you would like to get a hold of me my email is (EDIT: REMOVED)

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Well everyone can have your opinions about Deerassic, but I encourage everyone to come check out what we do down here at Deerassic throughout the year. This weekend we are hosting a NRA Banquet if you want to come down. Also coming up is our Spring Fling and Fishing Days for the youth and their families for free because of the money raised at the Classic. Last year we had over 5,000 kids come out and get a chance to experience the outdoors (fishing, shooting, hiking, etc). The Classic has 20,000 great followers and if you are reading this I want to say "Thank You" for supporting us. I'm not posting anymore on these forums, but if you would like to get a hold of me my email is (EDIT: REMOVED)

In other words, I'm unwilling to admit that I came off a little unprofessional with my first two posts, so I'll take my ball and go home. Stay classy my friend...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Well everyone can have your opinions about Deerassic, but I encourage everyone to come check out what we do down here at Deerassic throughout the year. This weekend we are hosting a NRA Banquet if you want to come down. Also coming up is our Spring Fling and Fishing Days for the youth and their families for free because of the money raised at the Classic. Last year we had over 5,000 kids come out and get a chance to experience the outdoors (fishing, shooting, hiking, etc). The Classic has 20,000 great followers and if you are reading this I want to say "Thank You" for supporting us. I'm not posting anymore on these forums, but if you would like to get a hold of me my email is (EDIT: REMOVED

Funny.. Anyone who wishes to search your name or email can find that you carry your highly rude and unprofessional attitude no matter the forum you're on. I can post examples from 2009 where individuals questioned the boards firing of the Deerassic founder and canned his dream of creating the whitetail hall of fame. Then, the same as now, you posted replies jumping down peoples throats. It matters not to me if you post here.. Despite your opinion, you are no more special than any other sportsman here. In all honesty we're better off without you. Good day.

Last edited:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I guess a simple I'm sorry if I came across as crass and overbearing it wasn't my intention too do that is a bit much too ask for.... Oh well on too the next post...