Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Eastern Sports and Outdoors Show

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio

Me to. After the problems I just went through on the other site I surely don't want to spend money with the outfits that do attend the show.
I decided to post this show anouncement on the other site just to see if they concider it a damned Political Post. Will ASAP.
Frank

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I don't know if they would cancel or not. Never been there. From a business perspective though there are costs which have to be absorbed. Guarantee there is a hefty insurance premium. Rental of facility. Staff and security. Advertising. Just a few things off top of my head someone is going to eat. Granted, staff might not be a fixed cost, but I am thinking security could be a contracted out service. Whatever the outcome, someone is going to lose money.

Ricer2231

That's Great TOO Hear! Diane and I Really like them. They are down-to-earth people and show great interest in ZJ's hunting! Good for them. And everybody else that suddenly couldn't make it..............

Those two are my favorites of all. Like you said real salt of the earth people. They seem like they would be a really cool couple just to hang out with.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I was thinking - if a company pulls out this year, it probably won't be just for this year.
So if the show is going to continue, the show owners will have to sell. No way for the pullouts to come back without "losing face".
Worst business decision ever.

Am I right?

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I was thinking - if a company pulls out this year, it probably won't be just for this year.
So if the show is going to continue, the show owners will have to sell. No way for the pullouts to come back without "losing face".
Worst business decision ever.

Am I right?

If the Show Promotor changes their position then most of the Displayers would go back.
If the Promotor doesn't change their postion then the damage is for ever. A Displayer would loose business income if they went back under the present condition now or in the future. The Displayer will loose some income by not going but I feel most of that will be overrideen by the buying public once the facts get out.
Now when Archery and other companies pull out that sell no firearm items that shows a strong statement to the buying public.
Just my opinion.
Frank

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Really anxious to see a list of those that DON'T pull out so I can be sure my hard earned dollars DON'T go to them when I go on my next shopping spree.

While I understand where you are coming from, you must understand that some of these smaller businesses can't survive without attending these shows every year. A large chunk of their income comes from attending these shows where a large volume of people can see their products. While I commend the companies that are pulling out, I also understand why the small guys can't.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Just saw on FB that an appeal was made to Reed to reconsider and they declined. As a result, the QDMA backed out. Sounds to me like Reed is willing to cut their nose off despite their face. Makes me wonder who is behind them "forcing" this to happen...

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Just saw on FB that an appeal was made to Reed to reconsider and they declined. As a result, the QDMA backed out. Sounds to me like Reed is willing to cut their nose off despite their face. Makes me wonder who is behind them "forcing" this to happen...

Exactly, and I want too see who doesn't pull out as they will not see any of my dollars in the futre as well....

Greg, I understand your thinking on your post but they will end up losing money in the long run for showing up.... So might aw well bite the bullet vs the bullet biting you so too speak.... Sure they make a little money up front but the damage too their reputation will last longer than any monies they walk away with...... :smiley_coolpeace:

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I was reading some Google searches. Cabelas, S&W, Ruger, Mossberg, states the TV personality page is blank.
I seen there was supposed to be 1200 Displayers and the count is 160 plus are out in just couple days. The ball is rolling down here from now on and it wont stop.
I do understand the small business expense problem but the long term result overrides the present problem. As no one want's to be attached to that show that banned our 2nd Amendment Rights. I would expect future sales will suffer.
Hopefully Washington is watching.
Frank

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio

I seen posted that Reed runs other Sport Shows nationwide. You just have to wonder what he was thinking.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Savage arms put out a notice on their FB page saying they're out of the show as well.... Guntalk said todays count is @ 200 vacancies as of this morning and they didn't have Savage arms listed yet.... I wouldn't be surprised if you don't see a 50% reduction in appearances of folks in the industry..... That should put a dent on their bottom line.....

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Now the thing to do will be to get the word out to unknowing sportsmen that the Show wouldn't allow the weapons and that people pulled out, so that nobody goes to the show.

Maybe a temporary informational website is in order?

I'd kick in on the cost of that. Just a thought.

Edit:
Or maybe Facebook is getting the job done.
Doubt that you'll hear anything about it in the mainstream media.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Sad thing is alot of these vendors have already invested several grand in booth, hotel, travel, ect not to mention the amount of money they paid to produce more product to sell there. Its a double edged sword for the "little" guys.... sell your name/product to recoop what you've spent on product to sell at the show, or back out and eat all that cost in hopes of a little bit of profit from not going and standing for the 2ndA.
Will people quit buying from those who show up there bc they were already thousands invested and couldnt recoop the money if they didnt?
Sure the big wigs can pull and recoop money but the little guy who drops 30k in product to sell there will lose his ass..... it truely sucks for some of these guys and REED really fugged up!!!

Do most of you know that REED is also the corp that host the SHOT Show in Vegas that all the celebs went to, to promote their faces and get their golden trophies? Whats the difference now? Just bc its a merchandise show and not the celebs red carpet now it matters to them? Give me a break!!!

I know Todd P. from Wicked Tree Saws / White Knuckle Productions is in a pinch bc hes spent over $30k on product to sell at this show and theres no way for him to recoop it by NOT attending. Damned if you do, damned if you dont. Lose $30k out of your pocket or go and try to sell some product to feed your family? Tough decissions. I would honestly not go if you paid me but then again I dont have $30k sitting over my head I need to recoop.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Sad thing is alot of these vendors have already invested several grand in booth, hotel, travel, ect not to mention the amount of money they paid to produce more product to sell there. Its a double edged sword for the "little" guys.... sell your name/product to recoop what you've spent on product to sell at the show, or back out and eat all that cost in hopes of a little bit of profit from not going and standing for the 2ndA.
Will people quit buying from those who show up there bc they were already thousands invested and couldnt recoop the money if they didnt?
Sure the big wigs can pull and recoop money but the little guy who drops 30k in product to sell there will lose his ass..... it truely sucks for some of these guys and REED really fugged up!!!

Do most of you know that REED is also the corp that host the SHOT Show in Vegas that all the celebs went to, to promote their faces and get their golden trophies? Whats the difference now? Just bc its a merchandise show and not the celebs red carpet now it matters to them? Give me a break!!!

I know Todd P. from Wicked Tree Saws / White Knuckle Productions is in a pinch bc hes spent over $30k on product to sell at this show and theres no way for him to recoop it by NOT attending. Damned if you do, damned if you dont. Lose $30k out of your pocket or go and try to sell some product to feed your family? Tough decissions. I would honestly not go if you paid me but then again I dont have $30k sitting over my head I need to recoop.

Then sue Reed. Would be one hell of a class action. And in the others defense I think they made the announcement during the shot show or very close.

Last edited: