Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Eastern Sports and Outdoors Show

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Cancelled? Gee is it something we did? I would say their days of show promoting in the good old USA is over.
Frank

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
On reflection I'm not sure this was really a victory. A victory would have been a reversal of their anti-gun policy. In the mean time people who had nothing to do with the decision and probably didn't support it are screwed. I just hope Reed is screwed worse.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
On reflection I'm not sure this was really a victory. A victory would have been a reversal of their anti-gun policy. In the mean time people who had nothing to do with the decision and probably didn't support it are screwed. I just hope Reed is screwed worse.

Oh I'm sure somewhere there's a lawyer filling out paperwork for his class action.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
"It is unfortunate that in the current emotionally charged atmosphere this celebratory event has become overshadowed by a decision that directly affected a small percentage of more than 1,000 exhibits showcasing products and services for those interested in hunting and fishing"

You got overshadowed by our 2nd Amendment rights!! and we are no small group of believers!!

AMEN!!! Small group? Try one of the highest sources of income in the US!! Its a sad world out there and its finally come down to Americans standing their grown against a tyrant and unwilling govt & businesses!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Like all of you I didn't wnat to see any of the small bussinesses get screwed but I am glad he isn't going too be making any money on this show and that hopefully Joe is right and he gets his ass sued over his anti second amendment stance weather he admits it or not he showed his true colors and it bit him in the backside doing it.....

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro

Postponed? Are they refunding booth rental money to the vendors who chose not to pull out? I sure hope so....and they'll probably try and screw the pullouts out of their money. Their statement was a mouthful of crap, they admit nothing, blame everyone else for the "climate/environment" blah blah hooey.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Their statement was a mouthful of crap, they admit nothing, blame everyone else for the "climate/environment" blah blah hooey.

Exactly. Anybody with a brain between their ears can see the BS throughout their entire statement. You can bet the show will be back, but possibly under a slightly different name, and certainly under different ownership or management.

Glad to see people standing up for what is right. We've got to stick together as a whole on issues like this.

Ricer2231

I don't know if there is any truth to it, but I heard this afternoon that the have cancelled the show and they are refunding the entry fees. Like I said though I don't know how true that is.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
They may lose the SHOT show too.....
http://www.downrange.tv/blog/nssf-s...98/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

From NSSF: We have just learned that Reed Exhibitions has decided to postpone the 2013 Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show.

In the days following Reed Exhibitions’ announcement that modern sporting rifles would be prohibited from the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show, the leadership of the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) has been in intense, frank discussions with Reed Exhibitions management in an effort to reverse this unacceptable decision. These discussions reached an impasse.

NSSF is in no way affiliated with, nor does it participate in or exhibit at this show in any way. Reed Exhibitions does, however, manage the NSSF-owned SHOT Show (though Reed manages the SHOT Show, all SHOT Show decisions, policies and actions are made at NSSF’s direction).

Because of Reed’s recent actions, NSSF is considering all options regarding the management of future SHOT Shows.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Its obvious they just don't get it
Reed Exhibitions has decided to postpone, for now, the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show given the controversy surrounding its decision to limit the sale or display of modern sporting rifles (also called ARs) at the event. The show was scheduled to take place February 2-10 in Harrisburg, PA.

“Our original decision not to include certain products in the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show this year was made in order to preserve the event’s historical focus on the hunting and fishing traditions enjoyed by American families,” said Chet Burchett, Reed Exhibitions President for the Americas. “In the current climate, we felt that the presence of MSRs would distract from the theme of hunting and fishing, disrupting the broader experience of our guests. This was intended simply as a product decision, of the type event organizers need to make every day.

“It has become very clear to us after speaking with our customers that the event could not be held because the atmosphere of this year’s show would not be conducive to an event that is designed to provide family enjoyment. It is unfortunate that in the current emotionally charged atmosphere this celebratory event has become overshadowed by a decision that directly affected a small percentage of more than 1,000 exhibits showcasing products and services for those interested in hunting and fishing.

“ESS has long been proud to participate in the preservation and promotion of hunting and fishing traditions, and we hope that as the national debate clarifies, we will have an opportunity to consider rescheduling the event when the time is right to focus on the themes it celebrates.”

Even made CNN as part of the Feinstein "stuff" http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/24/politics/congress-gun-control/index.html, though they don't have the story completely correct....